Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Two days ahead of schedule, the game is now available to order in its physical incarnation. The PNP files will be going up on Wargame Vault in the next couple of days.

https://hollandspiele.com/products/an-infamous-traffic

Those of you who have been following our newsletters and blog know that the game includes little wooden cubes, which we ordered from a supplier in Germany in a limited supply. If sales are as brisk as we are anticipating, we will order more cubes ASAP, but of course it will take time to fulfill that order, to ship them to us, and for us to sort and bag the cubes for each individual copy of the game. So, our first batch of games should be shipped to customers within a week or two of them being ordered, but once we're through that batch, there is going to be an interim of two to four weeks before we can fulfill any further orders. So, what does this mean for you, the consumer? It means that if you want this game on your table (or under your tree) before the end of the year, you should order your copy now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, Tom! Keep us posted re: the PnP files at Wargame Vault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
グース
Japan
目黒区
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ordered! Hopefully I made it in to the first batch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered! Hopefully I made it in to the first batch... too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
wouldn't it be weird if coincidences never happened?
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
what were shipping costs to Germany? (they should be the same as to the Netherlands)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two suggestions:

1. Is it possible to make the pictures on the order page a little bit bigger? One can see how the game will look like but there is no possibility to have a glimpse at some details.

2. Is it possible to have an additional option to buy the game without the wooden cubes? IIRC the game comes with 'only' 20 cubes (in regular size). And because I think that many of the customers will have some cubes at home (especially from some Winsome games) it could be an option to get the game not that far away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrJork wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
what were shipping costs to Germany? (they should be the same as to the Netherlands)

$21 - so in summary the game cost me $71 (probably plus some EuSt). Not cheap but I rather like to invest in something that will probably facinate me more than the next soulless euro...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered! Really looking forward to this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Pre-ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
Two days ahead of schedule, the game is now available to order in its physical incarnation. The PNP files will be going up on Wargame Vault in the next couple of days.

https://hollandspiele.com/products/an-infamous-traffic

Those of you who have been following our newsletters and blog know that the game includes little wooden cubes, which we ordered from a supplier in Germany in a limited supply. If sales are as brisk as we are anticipating, we will order more cubes ASAP, but of course it will take time to fulfill that order, to ship them to us, and for us to sort and bag the cubes for each individual copy of the game. So, our first batch of games should be shipped to customers within a week or two of them being ordered, but once we're through that batch, there is going to be an interim of two to four weeks before we can fulfill any further orders. So, what does this mean for you, the consumer? It means that if you want this game on your table (or under your tree) before the end of the year, you should order your copy now.

and order placed. Can't wait to get this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom is there a chance for dicounted shipping if i will order more than one copy to Poland? Or maybe... discount on game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
misioooo wrote:
Tom is there a chance for dicounted shipping if i will order more than one copy to Poland? Or maybe... discount on game?

I would second this request... Even If I already paid for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered! Shipping was 21 dollars, which is reasonable I think.

Is An Infamous Traffic - like the earlier games of HS - offered with a reduced price the first weeks of it's publishing date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerit wrote:

Is An Infamous Traffic - like the earlier games of HS - offered with a reduced price the first weeks of it's publishing date?

Not in this case. There are a few reasons for this, and I can't really get into every single one of them, but...

Basically, when we offer any of our games at a discount, we're cutting into our already razor-thin profit margins pretty severely. (On international orders, there's a cost we're absorbing right off the bat, because we usually end up spending a little bit more on shipping than the customer does.) It makes sense for us to do so in many cases to drive up the initial sales, because even if we're taking a hit at first, in the long-run as the game continues to sell it's going to even out. We're going to sell a lot of games in that first stretch (with discount), but we're going to sell about that many in the ensuing weeks as well (no discount), and so the latter sales are going to make up for the losses on the initial rush (more-or-less; we're still well in the red overall but hope to be approaching being in the black by the end of the year or the first quarter of 2017).

But because of this title basically being available in "batches" due to the extra components, there's a very real chance that we're going to sell all those copies within the first week. (In the first few hours, we've already sold more copies of TRAFFIC than we have of some of our other games in the first week or two). If that happens, and we were selling it at a discount, we're not really going to have the chance to "make up" the losses until next year, which would increase our problems with liquidity.

Given that, Mary and I looked long and hard at the pricing of the game in terms of its cost, its market, and the long-term health of the business. We decided to charge what we felt was a fair price given the demand for the game, its component quality, and the strength of the design (which, really, is what we're always looking at when we're looking at a game's price). We then decided to forgo the usual initial discount period, especially as we had already committed to offer ALL our games at a discount during our December holiday sale. We'll take a hit then, so we're minimizing the hit we're taking in the initial offering. (We are however offering both of our S&S II titles at discounted prices; being the designer of those, I don't need to worry about paying myself a royalty. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered, thank you! Can't wait to give this one a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
Gerit wrote:

Not in this case. There are a few reasons for this, and I can't really get into every single one of them, but...

Basically, when we offer any of our games at a discount, we're cutting into our already razor-thin profit margins pretty severely. (On international orders, there's a cost we're absorbing right off the bat, because we usually end up spending a little bit more on shipping than the customer does.) It makes sense for us to do so in many cases to drive up the initial sales, because even if we're taking a hit at first, in the long-run as the game continues to sell it's going to even out. We're going to sell a lot of games in that first stretch (with discount), but we're going to sell about that many in the ensuing weeks as well (no discount), and so the latter sales are going to make up for the losses on the initial rush (more-or-less; we're still well in the red overall but hope to be approaching being in the black by the end of the year or the first quarter of 2017).

But because of this title basically being available in "batches" due to the extra components, there's a very real chance that we're going to sell all those copies within the first week. (In the first few hours, we've already sold more copies of TRAFFIC than we have of some of our other games in the first week or two). If that happens, and we were selling it at a discount, we're not really going to have the chance to "make up" the losses until next year, which would increase our problems with liquidity.

Given that, Mary and I looked long and hard at the pricing of the game in terms of its cost, its market, and the long-term health of the business. We decided to charge what we felt was a fair price given the demand for the game, its component quality, and the strength of the design (which, really, is what we're always looking at when we're looking at a game's price). We then decided to forgo the usual initial discount period, especially as we had already committed to offer ALL our games at a discount during our December holiday sale. We'll take a hit then, so we're minimizing the hit we're taking in the initial offering. (We are however offering both of our S&S II titles at discounted prices; being the designer of those, I don't need to worry about paying myself a royalty. )

I got in my order in the first 30 minutes and beat the newsletter so yeah! Hoping that gets me in the first batch and I don't have to wait the extra two-four weeks for more cubs. I will gladly wait though if needed this game sounds awesome.

Also for my money sixty dollars sounds very reasonable. This is basically a small print run by a boutique publisher. That is going to make prices higher. It always amazes me when people complain about prices for Splotter games as well which are high basically for a very similar reason.

Remember people more stuff in the box does not equal better game play or experience. In fact great gameplay with a few components is the true test of a designer I think .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we are in the later batch that is waiting for cubes to arrive, will we be notified?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your elaboration Tom. I was just curious (not complaining).

I am glad An Infamous Traffic is such a success!

A deserved success I would say, as Cole Wehrle is an amazing designer with a way of designing that inspires me, and Hollandspiele is a great publisher that brings fantastic games for a modest price - and makes every effort to keep even shipping fees as low as possible.

The thing I appreciate the most is how you communicate with me and others; both designer and publisher have my sincere sympathy.

Look forward to my parcel from the US...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YES!!

Thanks for the thread, I'd likely have slept on it… Been far too busy.

But, the great part about having live funds (from selling games) in PayPal, means that this is no burden to the ol' checkbook.

Stoked to see it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
But, the great part about having live funds (from selling games) in PayPal, means that this is no burden to the ol' checkbook.

So true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a quick question: Is the game board mounted or paper? Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
tombot wrote:

Paper. 2 11x17 single-fold sheets. They were only folded once in my copy so a second back bending fold is needed to get them to lay flat. Or if you've got plexi that works too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
tombot wrote:

Paper. 2 11x17 single-fold sheets. They were only folded once in my copy so a second back bending fold is needed to get them to lay flat. Or if you've got plexi that works too :)

Certainly not looking forward to that; plexi is another expense. Hopefully there will be a mounted upgrade someday for those of us who supported this first print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
tombot wrote:

Paper. 2 11x17 single-fold sheets. They were only folded once in my copy so a second back bending fold is needed to get them to lay flat. Or if you've got plexi that works too

Bummer. Any thought being given to a "deluxe" board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.