Donald Acker
China
Suzhou
Jiangsu
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a quick 2-player: 2 cars each, 1-lap race record sheets, 3 laps around the tiny track in the Zandvoort 1 infield.

The race was amazingly destructive, with most cars running all the way through their tires and breaks. Though it was three laps, we played with only the one-lap rules--no pits. Highlights:

* My second-place car jumped to the lead after exiting the 3-curve in 4th gear. Unfortunately, my opponent caught up in the next pass through the 3-curve.

* Out of tires and breaks, there was no way for me to take first coming out of the final curve. With 5 spaces left, I rolled in 3rd gear, got a five, and burned an engine for an extra space, spinning in the process, in order to force a collision check on the damaged lead car. Didn't work, but would've been incredible if it had. Turned around and still got second.

* My last car's final-turn hijinks were more successful. My opponent (now racing for 3rd) was on the last space inside the 3-curve. On a 5, I could have pulled ahead (barely). Rolled in 3rd, got a 6. Pulled directly in front of target car, spinning of course, but blocking the car in as the curve's arrow wouldn't let it out. My opponent had no choice but to overrev to a complete stop. We both started in first and I limped in for a hard-won 3rd place.

The tiny track was more interesting than I thought it would be. Constant collision rolls become necessary, but this also makes collisions matter, so I think it's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
If memory serves, the mini-track is actually a go-kart track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls