Subject: Why do white males hate Hillary Clinton? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still struggling to understand the hatred here? What is it about Hillary Clinton that causes so much anger from (some) white males? What has she ever done to earn this level of animosity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
All we know is that a majority of voters were women......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, but one of the big reasons HC lost is because she didn't win over enough white males. I'm struggling to see why.

Sure Trump made a good enough case to gain some women voters, but that doesn't compare to the overwhelming hatred of Hillary Clinton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:

But... Trump won the majority.

How can so many women secretly be racist, misogynistic white males?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:

But... Trump won the majority.

How can so many women secretly be racist, misogynistic white males?!

Agreed. I heard ~60% of white women voted Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why? It's been a twenty year project. I'll say because of people like Rush Limbaugh and news sources like Fox News, Drudge Report, Breitbart, Blaze and even the MSM.

In many white Americans eyes she was the devil incarnate because that's what they've been told for twenty some years.

EDIT: The same thing may happen to Elizabeth Warren if she decides to run in 2020. Mark my words. The right wing media will dirty her up nice and good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Why? It's been a twenty year project. I'll say because of poeple like Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Drudge Report, Breitbart, Blaze and even the MSM.

In many white Americans eyes she was the devil incarnate because that's what they've been told for twenty some years.

EDIT: The same thing may happen to Elizabeth Warren if she decides to run in 2020. Mark my words. The right wing media will dirty her up nice and good.

Already begun...

http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/06/30/right-wing-media...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Why do white women hate Hillary so much? Why won't they vote the way we tell them like the blacks?

Umm... off topic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm these questions we focus on the wrong things. It isn't white males that have a problem with Hillary, it is more like in the subset of people who disagree or dislike Hillary a lot of them are white males. What their worldview, economic outlook, and matrix of qualities they are looking for happen to include a lot of white males. If you are not going to appeal to that voter you can't expect them to vote for you, and if you never look at that factor and just claim x hates y...you'll never learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
I'm still struggling to understand the hatred here? What is it about Hillary Clinton that causes so much anger from (some) white males? What has she ever done to earn this level of animosity?

It has nothing to do with my being a white male or her being an (any color) female.

It has to do with living with her corruption and scandals while she was first lady of Arkansas. I got to see it first hand. There's a reason she didn't even carry her home state....they know her too well.

She is the single most corrupt individual to have attempted to win the Presidency. She has 30 years of no significant accomplishments. She is unwell physically, mentally, and ethically.

It wasn't hate, it was disgust.

Well done America!

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
veector wrote:

It has nothing to do with my being a white male or her being an (any color) female.

It has to do with living with her corruption and scandals while she was first lady of Arkansas. I got to see it first hand. There's a reason she didn't even carry her home state....they know her too well.

She is the single most corrupt individual to have attempted to win the Presidency. She has 30 years of no significant accomplishments. She is unwell physically, mentally, and ethically.

Democrats will not learn from this, and they will continue to believe that it wasn't their policies or their corruption, but "those evil white males!" that kept them from the Presidency.

Democrats are pretty damned racist if you ask me.

I'm not going by assumptions. I'm trying to understand the negative reaction of white males (of which I am one) based on CBS News polls showing that they overwhelmingly rejected Clinton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
veector wrote:

Democrats will not learn from this, and they will continue to believe that it wasn't their policies or their corruption, but "those evil white males!" that kept them from the Presidency.

Wait, that seems a bit hypocritical to me. Weren't Republicans supposed to learn something in '08 and '12? What did you learn from Obama being elected twice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
This entire election was a referendum on hate. One side clearly had an advantage in that department. DJT is a deplorable POS who shouldn't ever be president and I dislike him a great deal but I don't "hate" him. The were/are plenty on the right that were motivated by shear hatred alone and it worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
veector wrote:

One thing Democrats have learned is that the electoral college seems to be the Republican Party's best friend. It's not like the country is giving Trump a mandate. He lost the popular vote after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
veector wrote:

Wait, that seems a bit hypocritical to me. Weren't Republicans supposed to learn something in '08 and '12? What did you learn from Obama being elected twice?

We learned that the Religious Right's hypocrisy knows no bounds. They'll vote for anyone as long as you put an (R) next to their name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Why do white women hate Hillary so much? Why won't they vote the way we tell them like the blacks?

The answer is easy. They obviously prefer pussy grabbers over well established female politicians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
We learned that the Religious Right's hypocrisy knows no bounds. They'll vote for anyone as long as you put an (R) next to their name.

That's true for the majority of big party followers though.

My guess is if the election was literally a pile of shit (R) vs. a dead horse (D) 90% of Reps and Dems would vote their party.

True democracy should have no 'parties'. Each election should be for current candidates. Unfortunately, that's not how the world and how human society and psychology works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
What has she ever done to earn this level of animosity?

Let see, she got into a position of power based on being married to a charming fellow.She carpet bagged her way into NY, weaseled her way into SOS and then did one of the worst jobs ever in that position. She rigged elections within her own party, divided people with identity politics has a shrill voice and no charm. She has taken loads of money form nations that kill gays while pandering for their vote.

So, those are just off the top of my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

That's true for the majority of big party followers though.

My guess is if the election was literally a pile of shit (R) vs. a dead horse (D) 90% of Reps and Dems would vote their party.

True democracy should have no 'parties'. Each election should be for current candidates. Unfortunately, that's not how the world and how human society and psychology works.

I'm hoping that this will be a wake up call for the republicans that they can stop catering to the Religious Right of their party. They've already got them. Move back toward the center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

right, they joined the left in that regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
you have been operating under the assumption that Democrats have been doing well. They've been gradually losing their hold all across the country.

Excellent point ! , here in Iowa the R's took back the house and senate and booted the Dem's head of the senate in a wild upset.

Iowa in back to being Red state , at least for a little while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
veector wrote:
Quote:

I'm not going by assumptions. I'm trying to understand the negative reaction of white males (of which I am one) based on CBS News polls showing that they overwhelmingly rejected Clinton.

This should come as no surprise at all.

Maybe, because Obama won in 2008 and again in 2012, you have been operating under the assumption that Democrats have been doing well. They've been gradually losing their hold all across the country. The Presidency is about the only thing they've been able to hold onto. Voters have been rejecting them everyplace else.

If in response, the Democrats refuse to ask themselves what it is about their policies and positions that is being rejected, and instead retreat to the bubble of "They're just racists and sexists" they will continue to lose.

You misunderstand my question completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
If you didn't racistly and sexistly group white people and men into some demographic instead of just acknowledging that it was simply widely varied people who rejected her, you might see that your question is answered by his retreat into their bubble comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
If you didn't racistly and sexistly group white people and men into some demographic instead of just acknowledging that it was simply widely varied people who rejected her, you might see that your question is answered by his retreat into their bubble comment.

It's not me grouping people. It's a CBS News poll reporting it. The question is, what are the major reasons for this.

And if you'll note, I didn't say "all" white males. I said "some".

And it's not racist to group people into a demographic. The same way I don't think of myself as just a "white male". I'm much more than a single label and I understand that, but the underlying interests and perceptions of different groups do matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
veector wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
veector wrote:
Quote:

This should come as no surprise at all.

Maybe, because Obama won in 2008 and again in 2012, you have been operating under the assumption that Democrats have been doing well. They've been gradually losing their hold all across the country. The Presidency is about the only thing they've been able to hold onto. Voters have been rejecting them everyplace else.

If in response, the Democrats refuse to ask themselves what it is about their policies and positions that is being rejected, and instead retreat to the bubble of "They're just racists and sexists" they will continue to lose.

You misunderstand my question completely.

I understand your question. You don't want an answer. You want someone to pat you on the back for declaring yourself "not like those other white men!"

Um. No. I'm legitimately looking for an answer to the original question. You're reading in to it.

It's not a rhetorical question at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.