5 Posts

Captive» Forums » General

Subject: Are keys counted towards the object limit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Virko Jõelaid
msg tools
mb
I was just wondering if keys count towards the object limit of three?
So far i have found three keys and now I am not sure if I have to drop one of them to pick up something else.

Does not seem logical to me that I can carry a flashlight, a buther's knife and a spray can or three keys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Schaupp
Germany
Karlsbad
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, each key take one space. So you must drop one thing for each key. But after I used a key, I droped them so I regain a new free space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elaine Winifred

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StaggerLee wrote:
For me, each key take one space. So you must drop one thing for each key. But after I used a key, I droped them so I regain a new free space.

The rules state that you can only have 3 objects at a time, but the rules don't discuss discarding current objects as you did to make space for new objects. I would please like some clarity on this, as it is not stated in the rules. Can you choose when to as you say "drop" the object? Before I read this, I was under the impression the three objects you acquired were it. Would you need an empty space for an object you happen upon or could you drop an object when you find a new one? (no spoilers please) Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Schaupp
Germany
Karlsbad
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ears22 wrote:
The rules state that you can only have 3 objects at a time, but the rules don't discuss discarding current objects as you did to make space for new objects. I would please like some clarity on this, as it is not stated in the rules. Can you choose when to as you say "drop" the object? Before I read this, I was under the impression the three objects you acquired were it. Would you need an empty space for an object you happen upon or could you drop an object when you find a new one? (no spoilers please) Thanks!

It is a while ago I played this book, so I cannot really say if my statement is true, but I would say it is not possible to beat the book with only three objects, if you cannot drop a used one and replace it with a newly find object.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elaine Winifred

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StaggerLee wrote:
ears22 wrote:

It is a while ago I played this book, so I cannot really say if my statement is true, but I would say it is not possible to beat the book with only three objects, if you cannot drop a used one and replace it with a newly find object.

Thanks for offering the clarification, it is greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.