David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted this on Facebook... you know, where political conversations are always mature.

I just thought I'd copy and paste it here.

That's all. I leave it here without comment, for you to rip apart if need be.

DKahnt's Facebook Status wrote:
I am thoroughly disappointed with the results of the Presidential Election. Watching the news outlets report the states early this morning with astonishment of the election process.

Trump was focused on Electoral College and Clinton on the Popular vote. They each won their respective paths. But ultimately the Electoral College is the determinant. (of which will of course be talked about forever - again)

I feel Clinton got complacent in some geographical areas and failed to win over disenfranchised Sander supporters. Trump was right there to pick them up. Trump had a better understanding of the rules to win.

I have to admit, that I hope people pay attention to those Sanders voters. In my opinion, I believe, that there was a clear push from the establishment that Clinton was going to be the President. See... on that end, I believe the American people are sick of the establishment.

Say what you want about FOX (I was switching between FOX and CNN) but they pointed out that in Philadelphia the night before, Clinton had on her stage "the establishment" and Trump's message was anti-establishment. There has to be something about that message that rings in some voters.

Also, I must admit that I an highly disappointed that Clinton did not address her constituents. Say what you want, but at least in his speech Trump offered somewhat of an olive branch. She should have spoke.

That being said, The United States of America last night voted on their new President. I grow tired of either side calling the other stupid or "wasting votes." Those who voted, good for you -- no matter how you voted. Those who did not vote, I truly am sad that you did not -- but that is your right.

We have a new President... we... not 'you.'

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
I just posted this on Facebook... you know, where political conversations are always mature.

I am thoroughly disappointed with the results of the Presidential Election. Watching the news outlets report the states early this morning with astonishment of the election process.

Trump was focused on Electoral College and Clinton on the Popular vote. They each won their respective paths. But ultimately the Electoral College is the determinant. (of which will of course be talked about forever - again)

I feel Clinton got complacent in some geographical areas and failed to win over disenfranchised Sander supporters. Trump was right there to pick them up. Trump had a better understanding of the rules to win.

I have to admit, that I hope people pay attention to those Sanders voters. In my opinion, I believe, that there was a clear push from the establishment that Clinton was going to be the President. See... on that end, I believe the American people are sick of the establishment.

Say what you want about FOX (I was switching between FOX and CNN) but they pointed out that in Philadelphia the night before, Clinton had on her stage "the establishment" and Trump's message was anti-establishment. There has to be something about that message that rings in some voters.

Also, I must admit that I an highly disappointed that Clinton did not address her constituents. Say what you want, but at least in his speech Trump offered somewhat of an olive branch. She should have spoke.

That being said, The United States of America last night voted on their new President. I grow tired of either side calling the other stupid or "wasting votes." Those who voted, good for you -- no matter how you voted. Those who did not vote, I truly am sad that you did not -- but that is your right.

-DK

You live in Ohio so you should feel great. Trump railed against NAFTA and other trade agreements and told all those blue collar voters he was going to help them out. He won so now he can do it! Think of all the good new jobs that will be available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

You live in Ohio so you should feel great. Trump railed against NAFTA and other trade agreements and told all those blue collar voters he was going to help them out. He won so now he can do it! Think of all the good new jobs that will be available!

Ah...

I suppose I should mention it here.

1) I just moved to Ohio
2) My wife and I absentee ballot voted in North Carolina.
3) I did not vote for Trump.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's accurate to say the Clinton campaign focused on popular vote at expense of electoral college.

As for third party - I'm not convinced that much more than half the Johnson vote would have gone to Clinton, so I doubt he cost her many states if any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
What was the combined 3rd Party totals? From what was shown, these amounted with LESS than 5% altogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
I don't think it's accurate to say the Clinton campaign focused on popular vote at expense of electoral college.

As for third party - I'm not convinced that much more than half the Johnson vote would have gone to Clinton, so I doubt he cost her many states if any.

Stein/Johnson probably cost Clinton MI, but I don't think you can credit any other states she lost to the 3rd party votes.

[edit] Also, giving Clinton MI wouldn't have been enough. She still needed to pick up another state since she lost WI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Stein/Johnson probably cost Clinton MI

I think you mean that Clinton and Trump cost Stein and Johnson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.