Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Will
United States
Hays
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was admiring Pauljima's recent (and awesome) Opener paint up here, and I'm about to get started on my Opener faction. I'm curious to know how others have treated or plan to deal with the pits in the Opener's "eyes."

I'm hoping to do the orbs in a dark purple similar to Paul's. But I'm thinking of putting a bit of bright green or yellow (maybe bright red) on the bottom of each pit and then filling the pit with "Realistic Water" to get a sort of cat's-eye effect of light reflecting or emitting from within the orb.

If I do this, I will first put some pits in a ball of green stuff to see how it looks with different colors, but I would love to hear some advice or ideas from others. What do you folks think?

I suspect that I'll just end up filling the pits with some putty and slapping some paint on. Those pits are such an unusual sculptural choice, so I would prefer to do something cool with them. Anyone had any success with innovative paint ups?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was younger and painted a lot I always painted things like this first and then was REALLY CAREFUL when painting anything within an inch! In my older age I would still paint them first and then I would probably protect them with paraffin and just go to town.

Learn from the mistakes of others because you do not have time to make them all yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
The colour you'll put in the holes totally depends on your colour scheme.
Personally, I didn't bother and just put regular shadows there (the mini itelf was not so easy to paint, its has many other more visible features to care for).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.