Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

The better question is if Trump does to something Hitleresque, will you be able to recognize it? Will most Americans? Germany sure didn't when Hitler first started.

The wall certainly counts as something Hitleresque. So does barring all Muslims from entering the country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

The better question is if Trump does to something Hitleresque, will you be able to recognize it? Will most Americans? Germany sure didn't when Hitler first started.

The wall certainly counts as something Hitleresque. So does barring all Muslims from entering the country.

So previous presidents in the country that have stopped certain groups of people coming in were hitler?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard he tried to grow a Hitler 'stash but Milania cut him off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impeachment within a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Milania... is she going to start her anti-bulling campaign buy canceling DJT's twitter account?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

It's like watching the show Big Brother. The whole thing as a back door way to get Pence into the oval office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

Better than HIllary being impeached in the first month I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Dash, your sarcasm is duly noted, but only the lunatic left believes Trump is equivalent to Hitler. As I said in another thread, the US is not the Weimar Republic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
matthean wrote:

It's like watching the show Big Brother. The whole thing as a back door way to get Pence into the oval office.

Pence looks like he might shape up to be a very fine President in a few years...if Trump decides to only do one term I'd vote for Pence in 2020.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Obama will pardon Clinton to protect himself. Is that evil enough for you?

I also wonder if the Clintons will make a deal with Assange to stop the steady stream of increasingly embarrassing emails. I wonder what his endgame is as well.

Can he pardon her for crimes that have not yet been proven ? I look forward to a massive investigation of the DNC, The Clinton foundation, Hillary etc etc.

Comey gets to keep his job and can now fully execute the investigation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

I wonder what the chances are he won't actually make it to office. He still has like 10 weeks to make it through until inauguration and he doesn't have to hold back any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I look forward to a massive investigation of the DNC, The Clinton foundation, Hillary etc etc.

Why? She's lost and is probably out of politics for good. My guess is we'll never hear about any of it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
I look forward to a massive investigation of the DNC, The Clinton foundation, Hillary etc etc.

Why? She's lost and is probably out of politics for good. My guess is we'll never hear about any of it again.

Maybe because of the rule of law?
Just because she may be done with politics does not excuse illegal actions.
What kind of world do you live in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

So previous presidents in the country that have stopped certain groups of people coming in were hitler?

Let's be absolutely crystal clear: Trump is not talking about 'certain groups of people', he is explicitly discriminating against an entire nation (Mexico) and/ or an entire religion (Islam)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

Let's be absolutely crystal clear: Trump is not talking about 'certain groups of people', he is explicitly discriminating against an entire nation (Mexico) and/ or an entire religion (Islam)

Enforcing immigration law that is already on the books will make him hitler?
Did he say he was going to deport muslims already here? If they are here illegally I bet he would want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
matthean wrote:

Pence looks like he might shape up to be a very fine President in a few years...if Trump decides to only do one term I'd vote for Pence in 2020.

Ferret

That is scarier than DJT. A co worker went to a Pence rally I told her to start a chant "How old's the Earth. How old's the Earth..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

You care to list those Presidents who barred an entire religion from entering the United States, or you just going to keep up with the Alt Right idiocy for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

You care to list those Presidents who barred an entire religion from entering the United States, or you just going to keep up with the Alt Right idiocy for now

Why do you fuckfaces always demand we do your research for you.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/16/the-past-six-presidents-ha...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-mocks-trump-but-has-...

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-immigration-ban-musli...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
BoB3K wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Maybe because of the rule of law?
Just because she may be done with politics does not excuse illegal actions.
What kind of world do you live in?

Right. I thought the FBI has already made a judgement on the emails, twice now. And Bengazi has been decided on 13 or so times.

This will actually be a nice little test of the rights moral integrity, to see if they do continue to push any of this.

My guess is that, as I've said, we'll never hear about it again, and instead we will go immediately into repealing ACA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can hope at this point that he was lying to his alt-right and racist fanbase the same way that he has lied to his business partners his entire career and won't do anything like ban muslims or put up a wall, but I have absolutely no way to predict what that serial liar will do next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

None of which reference a President banning an entire religion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

So Obama blocking CERTAIN groups of people is ok, as long as its not an entire religion?
And didn't Trump say Muslims from the middle east?
Not all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

So Obama blocking CERTAIN groups of people is ok, as long as its not an entire religion?

Yes:
"In human social affairs, discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing is perceived to belong to rather than on individual merit."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination

TheDashi wrote:
And didn't Trump say Muslims from the middle east?
Not all?

Donald Trump, the leading contender to become the Republican party’s nominee for US presidential candidate, has called for a “total and complete shutdown” of the country’s borders to Muslims in the wake of the San Bernardino terrorist attack.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/07/donald-trump...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
January?
February?

2018?

It probably won't be Trump.

It's more likely to come from the staff he installs which will be backed up by the federal judges who are put in place.

Unlike Hitler, I don't think trump has a plan to over throw the government going in. But many of the people around him would like to return the country to the 1950s with white males in charge of a society with tons of religious oppression.

I think the first action we'll see will be politicized FBI and NSA returning to hoover style practices going after minority groups. Probably by the end of 2017.

I'm trying to figure out when he'll first gore his base tho. If he does, the shaedenfreude by those of us who voted against Trump will be immense.

The most likely bit there will be a conservative here losing their job and health care and complaining about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.