Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a remarkable election, truly remarkable.

Now that I've got a (little) sleep under my belt I wake up to be even more amazed. Trump actually won.

The corruption of the last 8 years have been repudiated.

The lies of the last 8 years have been repudiated.

People wanted a change, and Trump is the chance for that change.

It'll be interesting to see if a quarter of federal employees actually end up quitting like they said they would (consider) if Trump won:

http://abcnewsgo.co/2016/09/25-percent-of-federal-employees-...

Some probably will. I suspect most are feeling they might have spoken in haste...at last it was an anonymous survey.

Or to see if Supreme Court justice Ginsburg actually carries through on her threat to retire:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-11/us-supreme-court-ju...

That would actually be helpful in getting the Court fixed.

I am stunned. I am amazed.

Trump actually won.

I have the highest hopes for this guy going forward.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what the republicans will say they need now before doing anything.
They have presidency, senate, house. What are they going to say they need to do anything now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
A spine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy your change.
I agree with the assessment of some of the problems that beset Western society, I really do. But Trump will fix approximately none of them and will probably make some things worse.

The most interesting thing is going to be seeing how the pin it on The Liberals this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good to know that lying and corruption was only invented by Democrats 8 years ago! Thanks I never knew that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
In Putin Soviet Russia 'game' of RISK then Pres.TRUMP shall place "Classy Monopoly Hotel" within Ukraine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fwing wrote:
I agree with the assessment of some of the problems that beset Western society, I really do. But Trump will fix approximately none of them and will probably make some things worse.

This has always been my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
They have presidency, senate, house. What are they going to say they need to do anything now?

Yeah, it's always been "Well, we can't do ______, because we need the House!" so we gave them the House. Then it was "Well, we still can't do it because we need the Senate!" so we gave them the Senate. Then it was "Well, we actually need the Presidency, too!"

Now they have that.

No more excuses.

Yeah, they own the next two years.
Put up, or get destroyed next election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what else won big last night? Marijuana initiatives, those states did it just in time. Millenials can hunker down, baked, with their Xboxes and wait out the next 4 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Yeah, it's always been "Well, we can't do ______, because we need the House!" so we gave them the House. Then it was "Well, we still can't do it because we need the Senate!" so we gave them the Senate. Then it was "Well, we actually need the Presidency, too!"

Now they have that.

No more excuses.

Yeah, they own the next two years.
Put up, or get destroyed next election.

I'm not sure about that--the 2018 map is really strong for the GOP, thanks partly to the gerrymandering. We're probably looking at four years, best case (for me). There are just too many ways the system favors Republicans and extremists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tagge
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Just like I have been critical of the bullying by Clinton supporters, this stuff is off the deep end. Obama has been a good President. If he has any faults it is that he did not get to enact more of his agenda because of Congress.

This stuff is why coastal elites think of Trump supporters as uneducated yokels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
You know what else won big last night? Marijuana initiatives, those states did it just in time. Millenials can hunker down, baked, with their Xboxes and wait out the next 4 years.

Maybe they should have gotten out and voted like grown-ups, instead of pouting in their little safe spaces because Bernie didn't get the nom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Millenials can hunker down, baked, with their Xboxes and wait out the next 4 years.

They already do that.

Jealous? laughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Just like I have been critical of the bullying by Clinton supporters, this stuff is off the deep end. Obama has been a good President. If he has any faults it is that he did not get to enact more of his agenda because of Congress.

This stuff is why coastal elites think of Trump supporters as uneducated yokels.
What did he not enact that he said he was going to? Serious question. Guantanamo is still open is the only thing I can think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Perhaps they'll take a page out of Obama's playbook for the first 2 years of his presidency. Or, then again, maybe they'll actually get something done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge wrote:
Obama has been a good President. If he has any faults it is that he did not get to enact more of his agenda because of Congress.

source ? What exactly has he done that been "good" ? his signature accomplishment Obamacare if failing, he spent his entire 8 years mired in miscellaneous undeclared wars and we have a nation more divided then at any time in recent memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Not necessarily. Pot remains illegal under federal law. If the next president/attorney general decide to go after it, it is not clear whether these votes (which I support) would have any meaningful impact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

I do not. I have high hopes for us as a people, but not for him and not for the presidency. My hopes are that the legislative branch will take seriously their role to hold the executive branch in check. My hope is that we as a people will look at these results and instead of demonizing those who voted for him, we look to understand and this understanding will help close the chasm that has grown in our nation the last two decades.

My hopes for a bright future stem primarily from we as a people looking at what happened, asking "How the hell did we get here," and using this introspection to heal from two decades of divisiveness.

But for Trump himself... I have little to no hope. He is who he is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
My hopes are that the legislative branch will take seriously their role to hold the executive branch in check.

Why do you have more hope for this than for Trump to bumble into some decent choices?

My read on this election is that it's a reaction to the left's paradigm of power, which is that everybody ought to have pretty much the same amount. As a result, if your group grows more slowly than other groups, it should yield some power to them. That peaceful, equitable sharing of power has been rejected by Republicans. Now, they want to wield as much power as they can get their hands on.

Which, amusingly enough to me, is the worst thing they ever found to say about Clinton. "She's corrupt" just means that she's willing to use any tactics available to accumulate power. So far as I can tell, that was their openly-proclaimed goal. Now that they have the power, are they going to favor doing away with the electoral college so that people share power equally? Or giving territories voting representation in Congress? Will they confirm Merrick Garland (in accordance with the nomination of the duly elected and widely popular President), or begin to favor instant runoff or approval voting? Any likelihood of publicly financed elections to even out power imbalances? You think they're going to act on Trump's proposal to ban the revolving door?

I mean, do you see even a single Republican Congressional Representative displaying any sympathy for any goal which involves yielding power?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
mtagge wrote:
Obama has been a good President. If he has any faults it is that he did not get to enact more of his agenda because of Congress.

source ? What exactly has he done that been "good" ? his signature accomplishment Obamacare if failing, he spent his entire 8 years mired in miscellaneous undeclared wars and we have a nation more decided then at any time in recent memory.

On 53% turnout if the numbers I'm seeing are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
My hopes are that the legislative branch will take seriously their role to hold the executive branch in check.

Why do you have more hope for this than for Trump to bumble into some decent choices?

My read on this election is that it's a reaction to the left's paradigm of power, which is that everybody ought to have pretty much the same amount. As a result, if your group grows more slowly than other groups, it should yield some power to them. That peaceful, equitable sharing of power has been rejected by Republicans. Now, they want to wield as much power as they can get their hands on.

Which, amusingly enough to me, is the worst thing they ever found to say about Clinton. "She's corrupt" just means that she's willing to use any tactics available to accumulate power. So far as I can tell, that was their openly-proclaimed goal. Now that they have the power, are they going to favor doing away with the electoral college so that people share power equally? Or giving territories voting representation in Congress? Will they confirm Merrick Garland (in accordance with the nomination of the duly elected and widely popular President), or begin to favor instant runoff or approval voting? Any likelihood of publicly financed elections to even out power imbalances? You think they're going to act on Trump's proposal to ban the revolving door?

I mean, do you see even a single Republican Congressional Representative displaying any sympathy for any goal which involves yielding power?

Trump ran with an (R) after his name, but he really isn't an (R). My hope is that there are some sane ones left in the Senate and House who see that this could end very not-well. Then instead of a power-grab of D vs R, it becomes a power grab of legislature vs executive. The legislative branch have been walked all over for decades. It would be nice to see them get some power back... and see if they will actually use it for more than just more power-wrangling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Now they have that.

No more excuses.

So Trump won.

Did you vote for him after all Drew as I expected you would?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
rinelk wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Trump ran with an (R) after his name, but he really isn't an (R). My hope is that there are some sane ones left in the Senate and House who see that this could end very not-well. Then instead of a power-grab of D vs R, it becomes a power grab of legislature vs executive. The legislative branch have been walked all over for decades. It would be nice to see them get some power back... and see if they will actually use it for more than just more power-wrangling.

I think Trump's margin of victory (especially in many particular states) gives him a mandate to do whatever he wants to do for at least a couple years. Also a mandate to the republican party to do whatever it wants for at least a couple years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Or to see if Supreme Court justice Ginsburg actually carries through on her threat to retire:

I'd laugh like hell if the old geezer lived into the next term and a Democrat then won the presidency. Ha !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
What a remarkable election, truly remarkable.

Now that I've got a (little) sleep under my belt I wake up to be even more amazed. Trump actually won.

People wanted a change, and Trump is the chance for that change.

It'll be interesting to see if a quarter of federal employees actually end up quitting like they said they would (consider) if Trump won:

http://abcnewsgo.co/2016/09/25-percent-of-federal-employees-...

Some probably will. I suspect most are feeling they might have spoken in haste...at last it was an anonymous survey.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-11/us-supreme-court-ju...

That would actually be helpful in getting the Court fixed.

I am stunned. I am amazed.

Trump actually won.

Ferret

Could you please donate your brain to science when you die? I think it would be useful to study how delusional neural networks form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.