GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,742 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Habitats» Forums » Variants

Subject: solo versions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook no solo versions are described because the 2-5 players game I like better, but there are a few cool solo versions possible, especially for learning the game better. Here 2 versions described:

SOLO VERSION 1: The same game, but for 1 player:
This is just the game which is the most in line with the normal rules.
- So the goal tiles you can skip because you always win that solo.
- So the market grid will be 1 row less than with 2 players, so a 3x4 grid, with your animal pawn starting in the middle of a 3 tiles side.
- So the number of turns (tiles) is 22. (2 players: 21 / 3 players: 20 / 4 players: 19 / 5 players: 18 tiles)
BTW: In most photos below I did 21 turns.

A photo of a played solo-version-1 game.

56 vp

SOLO VERSION 2: Random tiles:
The same as above, but without the market grid. Instead, just a RANDOM tile each turn.
That may sound very random, but is interesting in this game. Keeping the best options for possible later tiles, comparable to Factory Funner.

Photos of played solo-version-2 games:

36 vp (dryland .....)

46 vp

47 vp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the ideas. I think I will use the Goals just to have practice since that was my biggest downfall in the one game I played. They won't score, of course, but just be something to strive for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.