Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
According to information from the heads of Dan Verssen Games, the Skills system from Israeli Air Force Leader is being planned to be integrated into TL! While it may take a while for it to happen, the inclusion of this system into Tiger Leader is in the cards.

You can read more about it and ask for additional information on their official Facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/dan.verssen.games/

And to defuse any suspicions about IAFL being a Thunderbolt-Apache Leader clone, check out my past coverage of Israeli Air Force Leader. This new title is more along the lines of Hornet Leader Carrier Air Operations and Phantom Leader. Plus, this information CAME from their Facebook page and not from their Product page - So there!
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1645738/coming-soon-kickstar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandvp124_seraph wrote:
According to information from the heads of Dan Verssen Games, the Skills system from Israeli Air Force Leader is being planned to be integrated into TL! While it may take a while for it to happen, the inclusion of this system into Tiger Leader is in the cards.

Will this be part of the Tiger Leader update that we're supposed to get at some point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
wsmithjr wrote:
grandvp124_seraph wrote:

Will this be part of the Tiger Leader update that we're supposed to get at some point?

Probably not in the Update Kit right away, but they plan to work on some way to incorporate it. Just go on their Facebook page, and they could tell you more. BTW, Warren, take a gander at my coverage of IAFL and you'll probably see what I mean by it not being a TAL clone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-M√ľnchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grandvp124_seraph wrote:

And to defuse any suspicions about IAFL being a Thunderbolt-Apache Leader clone

Who would ever have suspected this???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Micha wrote:
grandvp124_seraph wrote:

I never at all thought of IAF as this, Micha, but a certain individual does.

For decency's sake, I won't disclose his name. But what I do know is that he's woefully displeased with this game... Because the only Leader title he played thus far before TL is TAL. [I might be wrong, though]
He hates Tiger Leader so much that he thinks that any new Leader game is a TAL clone... Yeah, that sums up his opinion at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Switalski
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandvp124_seraph wrote:
Micha wrote:
grandvp124_seraph wrote:

I never at all thought of IAF as this, Micha, but a certain individual does.

For decency's sake, I won't disclose his name. But what I do know is that he's woefully displeased with this game... Because the only Leader title he played thus far before TL is TAL. [I might be wrong, though]
He hates Tiger Leader so much that he thinks that any new Leader game is a TAL clone... Yeah, that sums up his opinion at this time.

Pretty much right on. Also, any game description from DVG's website about a game that is work in progress may or may not end up in the final product. I would wait until the final product is released (to avoid any disappointment). Look at TL's game description here on BGG, pretty much verbatim copy on what DVG has posted on their website, but not exactly how the game plays. Isn't it?

H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Pretty much right on. Also, any game description from DVG's website about a game that is work in progress may or may not end up in the final product. I would wait until the final product is released (to avoid any disappointment). Look at TL's game description here on BGG, pretty much verbatim copy on what DVG has posted on their website, but not exactly how the game plays. Isn't it?

H

I know that's so for Tiger Leader, but that won't be the case with IAFL.

At present, Hubo, IAFL's Kickstarter is in progress. And I'd like to also point out that I contributed to the project as well on Facebook. [Plus Facebook, along with IAFL's creator, one Kevin Erik Verssen, is where I got my information this time... Not DVG's store page]

Here is my Pre-Kickstarter coverage of the game... [Take a good look at my article, does any of this stuff look like TAL-clone material to you? And also, this game's gonna take the Leader series to the next level with the Skills System]
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1645738/coming-soon-kickstar...

And the latest info on the last two planned Campaigns [there'll be more as would-be Kickstarter milestones]...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1671892/middle-east-invasio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, Hubo... Read this thread by me, please. It'll help clear up things and prove that IAFL is with the Flight Leader series (Hornet Leader: CAO, Phantom Leader) as opposed to a CAS Leader game (TAL).

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1673139/iafl-not-tal-clone

If DVG wanted an IDF-IAF CAS Leader game, it would've been titled Kfir-Tzefa Leader (The Kfir is an Israeli equivalent of the French-made Mirage III while the Tzefa is the Israeli equivalent of the AH-1 Cobra). But, it's IAF Leader, and it's with the Flight Leader series, plain and simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.