Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean S
United States
Hugo
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://mythosbusterspodcast.wordpress.com/2016/11/02/mythos...

Hosts Sean, Ian, Tom and Nick discuss initial thoughts on the game, experiences from Arkham Nights, new guest articles, plans for reviewing cards in the future and FREE STUFF!

Special thanks to Andre Fairweather.

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!

Email us at Mythosbusterspod@gmail.com!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh - I could have sworn that I'd seen this announcement before. In any case, once again thanks for a fantastic podcast. I really, really wish that the game would arrive on the cold shores of Denmark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
Kløve wrote:
Huh - I could have sworn that I'd seen this announcement before. In any case, once again thanks for a fantastic podcast. I really, really wish that the game would arrive on the cold shores of Denmark.

you probably did see it before, since the episode came out over a week ago I think...

Im kinda cooling on the podcast, the last two episodes are way too long. If they have enough to do 163 minutes, 133 minutes, etc break it up.

I like it, but my pet peeve is one of the hosts podcasts from an echo chamber and constantly interrupts with a higher volume than everyone else. When you have a whole bunch of people, it would be really nice to have everyone on the same volume level and really not in an echo chamber!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Horn
United States
Rush
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never understood why people don't like longer podcasts. You can always just pick right up from where you last left off, and frankly, more is always better when it pertains to an interesting topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"more is always better when it pertains to an interesting topic"

That's exactly the issue with most long podcasts, they often don't stick to interesting topics. Generally speaking, most gaming podcasts I have listened to that are around an hour or less stay on topic pretty well. Most of them that go to 2 hours contain a lot of off-topic chitchat and you end up getting 1 hour's worth of content but it still takes 2 hours to listen to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
Sean do not listen to the naysayers and haters - all they have to do is not listen and their issues are fixed. I love the podcast and I find the banter entertaining. I listened to the podcast without knowing you were on it (havent listened to CotR ib a while) and was very happy indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Davis
msg tools
mbmb
At least they have the good sense to put their entirely off-topic banter at the end of the podcast rather than the beginning. If you're only there for the AH talk then you can stop listening at that point and miss nothing. That's what I do. I'm enjoying the podcast so far and looking forward to when they do their card reviews (on twitch and, hopefully, youtube after), whenever that may be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've listened to each of them twice now.

Quality product, and really enjoying the banter. Keep it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great podcast. I'm saving this episode until I get my own copy (hurry up ffg slow boat!) but the first 4 eps were great.

Keep it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
great podcast. I'm saving this episode until I get my own copy (hurry up ffg slow boat!) but the first 4 eps were great

i dont believe there was any spoilers in it. it came up as a topic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
Sean I am ok with spoilers. Perhaps the last segment could be for spoilers and ppl can be warned when to turn off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BloodyCactus wrote:
cafin8d wrote:
great podcast. I'm saving this episode until I get my own copy (hurry up ffg slow boat!) but the first 4 eps were great

i dont believe there was any spoilers in it. it came up as a topic

Ah, thats nice to hear but I was actually just thinking I would have more context for the conversation once I had a play (or four) under my belt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean S
United States
Hugo
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's always useful. We're still getting our feet, style-wise, so length and audio consistency will continue to dial in as we go along.

That said, I don't expect we'll change things up too much. There's a lot to talk about right now, with all the release-related hype, so the eps are longer. I expect that won't always be the case, but we are definitely looking to strike a balance between being on-point yet not truncating discussion.

As for spoilers, given the narrative nature of the game, we are trying to be super respectful of story spoilers. We probably won't talk encounter spoilers until a scenario has been out for several months, and when we do, we will give clear spoiler warnings.

Thanks for listening, everyone! Happy release day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Listened to this a few days ago. Great episode. But...

It gets really hard to hear what anyone is saying when you talk over each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.