Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey folks.
I have a little bit of a "time sensitive" question
How long, from your experience will take to get into the app and play a scenario when you start the first time.
I have a short game night (weekdays) incoming and we have to decide between descent (with an unknown play lenght) and a new eurogame (Great western trail... should fit in our 3 hour time window as a learning game)...
I don´t need advise which game to play (because we want to play both) but if descent is even in the running to be some kind of complete experience on the night in question
Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco

Remscheid
msg tools
Hy there

It depends on some factors. Does your group need to learn Descent, or just needs to learn about the app ?

I would say if you learn about the concepts of the app, and the others know Descent well, you can play one scenario in this time.
If there are people who dont know the game, i think it can be tricky to get in the pace and terms of the app and learn the core game.

...and i forgot. There are (here in germany) two campaigns right now. I think the kindred fire is better for learning, because you really start with all your characters at level one.
In the other campaign "rise of all goblins" you can spend 3 exp right off from the start, and this takes alot of time in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks.
We are experienced, but maybe a litte rusty when it comes to descent. So... I dunno, I´ll just see what the other players say. It could be a bit longer than we´d like though. So maybe we save the descent app for an saturday night or sunday afternoon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcotboard wrote:

In the other campaign "rise of all goblins" you can spend 3 exp right off from the start, and this takes alot of time in my opinion.

That's only if you skip the tutorial. If you're learning the game, you wouldn't want to skip the tutorial. It walks you through the first mission where you actually EARN the XP that is just given to you if you skip it.

You could easily get through the tutorial mission in the 3 hour window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.