GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,995 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1816 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [73] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: A Post-Fishpocalypse Saga: UNDER THE SEA 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fish have gone back to the great blue sea of old to lick their wounds after the second fishpocalypse.

Voices rose up from the depths:
Yes. We beat the sharks again. But at What cost? Was this truly the way fishes of old wanted uis to pursue? We have been consumed by violence and hate. We need to embrace the sharks and unite under the great blue banner of fishdom and sea allies.

Everyone was cautious at first but the sharks that would accept rehabilitation were freed and joined the new community building up around the new coral house of progress.

But this was a horrible mistake. A few elections later the sharks had come back to their traditions of old and ressources were slowly being drained away and tossed on the shores. This attracted attention from the birds who fought back and escalated to an all out war. The third fishpocalypse was soon upon us all.

No one knows what year it is anymore. Black clouds drift along the currents and everything smells of blood and guts. Only the deepest pits feel safe from the birdonauts and their bearpaw torpedos. And those pits are controlled by the shark lords and those low enough to work with them. The few intellectuals left talk like lunatics of the past to whoever wants to listen.

Bands of Fish try to survive by finding patches of uncontaminated waters and the rare algae not already claimed by the sea barons.

You are one such band. Only by weeding out those who would try to take control of your school by force or by seizing power will you manage to live in peace. The only language that can still be heard is death and violence.

Welcome to the sea. Welcome to the fucking sea.

A Post-Fishpocalypse Saga: UNDER THE SEA 3

WELCOME to the wonderful world of under the sea, where your hopes and dreams will become reality!

MODS: Borgoto and Ortho!

DUSK: 4pm BGG time

DAWN: 5pm BGG time

Starting time: December 5th

EVIL ROLES!

Mystical Hammer Shark: Each night, attempts to guess the role of a player. If the guess is right, that player will die and the role will not be revealed publicly in the thread.
This kill cannot be stopped by the Octopus Ink Cloud.
The Mystical Hammer Shark may only gain one kill with its ability during the game.
Controls the NK if both Alpha and Beta shark are dead or enters no order.

Alpha Shark: Has primary control over the NK.
Better than butter. Has enough teeth to eat through a russian submarine.

Beta Shark: Controls the NK is Alpha Shark is dead or dosent enter an order.
The margarine of sharkdom.

Evil Dolphin: Aux role. Aware of a single random starting shark but not of his specific role. Each night, chooses another player to view. The full role of the persons checked by the living Dolphins will be publicly announced at dawn, but not who the target was. For example, the thread might see 'The Dolphins viewed the Alpha Shark and a REgular Fish' at dawn. Does not learn about secret villager traits. If the Dolphin dies in the night, his view will not be revealed at dawn. Has no check on night 0.
Those dolphin’s can’t seem to ever shut up!

GOOD ROLES!

Good Dolphin: Each night, chooses another player to view. The full role of the persons checked by the living Dolphins will be publicly announced at dawn, but not who the target was. For example, the thread might see 'The Dolphins viewed the Alpha Shark and a REgular Fish' at dawn. Does not learn about secret villager traits. If the Dolphin dies in the night, his view will not be revealed at dawn. Has no check on night 0.
Those dolphin’s can’t seem to ever shut up!

Octopus:
Each night, may choose to protect one person with its ink cloud. If that person was the target of the NK, that person will not die. Only one person may be saved by this ability during the game. The octopus may target him/herself but may not target the same person two nights in a row. Someone who has been targeted by ink cloud will not have his role and alignment reveal upon death for the rest of the game.

Remora: Each night, chooses someone to be cursed by his evil presence. At Dawn, it will be announced publicly who is cursed by the remora. The curse counts as an extra vote against that person for the day. Can choose to move the curse each night. Only one person can be cursed at a time. If the remora dies, the curse will stay on the last target for the remainder of the game. Has a n0 action.

Orca: If the Orca is alive along with a single shark, Team Good wins via parity rather than Team Evil. The Orca is also Brutal.
So badass in his white and black coat. Don’t mess with the Orca. He’s the shark’s worst nightmare.

6 x The Regular Fishes: Villagers. Four of them have secret traits. Those traits are not revealed on death unless their effect was triggered. traits are not revealed by the Dolphin's check.

- 2 x Goldfish: One of the villagers. No special hidden trait!

- 1 x Eel: One of the villagers. Does not reveal role upon death.

- 1 x Angelfish: One of the villagers. If lynched, gets his trait revealed and the player with the most recent vote on him loses his night actions. (Except the Night Kill)

- 1 x Starfish: One of the villagers. If at dusk there is a tie in LL and the starfish is still alive, he or she will be the one lynched. (Starfish does not have to be one of those tied.)

- 1 x Sea Cucumber: One of the villagers. If lynched, this villager will reveal his role and trait and stay alive instead. Loses his or her vote once revealed unless part of a final 3.
Poor Sea Cucumber.

NEUTRAL ROLES!

Clownfish: Chooses lover at start of the game before other roles are assigned. The target cannot be the Evil Dolphin. The Clownfish and it's target share a chat, if one dies, the other dies. If the target is good, they win with team good. If the target is a shark or becomes a shark during the game, they must be the last 2 players alive to win. They both cannot win in any other way and can prevent other sharks from winning.
Poor clownfish lost his anemone and must find a new friend to hang out with.

Hermit Crab: The Hermit Crab has the option of using his power during the day. If he does, he takes on the role of whoever is lynched that day and the role is not revealed in thread.
This will not save someone who was lover with that person, or recharge one-time powers that were already used. If the role taken was Urchin, the player will be informed of who is his caretaker. A servant who becomes the Clownfish gains no attribute.
If the Hermit does not use his power, he cannot win the game.
He likes to move into your house and sleep in your bed.

Urchin: Must choose someone at the start of the game to be his caretaker. The urchin will be notified if his caretaker is a shark. If the caretaker dies, he turns back to his feral past and becomes a shark. Can win with good if he never transitions. If he becomes a Shark. He only controls the NK target if he is the last shark alive or if no one else inputs an order.

SPECIAL RULES

No posting in thread at night.

Because of the possibility of a shark lover, there is possibility of Sharks disagreeing over the NK. If multiple sharks enter an order they will be prioritized according to their role.
In order of priority:
1- Alpha Shark
2- Beta Shark
3- Mystical Hammer Shark
4- Urchin after the death of his caretaker

If for instance both the Beta and Alpha shark enter NK orders. The Alpha shark order will be prioritized even if it was made first. Sharks who are absent during the night can tell the mod they want to give up their priority for the night.

OTHER RULES

All standard rules and victory conditions apply.
No quoting modchat or mod provided information.
Conditional orders are accepted.
Brutals are mandatory and will be randomized between members of your team if you don't have a valid order in.
Be nice! Be polite! Think about other people’s fun when you post. No insults. No unnecessary cursing. We can do this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Changes from UTS2

- Added 2 more roles: Evil Dolphin and extra villager.

- Mystical hammer shark now tries to guess someones role that is not the NK and that person dies if he is right. The kill is no reveal always. Still one use only.

- Urchin learns if his target is a starting shark

- Hermit crab power reworded so it can be used even if not present for lynch chaos and the Lynch changes last second.

- Clownfish cant be teamed with Evil Dolphin. (a little clunky but we felt necessary)

- Octopus has no poison anymore

- Dolphin less powerful with addition of evil Dolphin. They will not know who's view is which as long as they are both alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
FaleohFang
gelrod
JaredW25
ljtrigirl
monogarden
Mrfan
PaperF
player_hotel
rathstar
silverbonds
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
TFang
The_Rorab
TigerDoodle
WolfParade
xandryyte

18 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1669363

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obvious Aux
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. Revenge will be mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
yes! The wasteland is calling your name!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, I'm going to be the Hermit Crab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Chaotic Neutral
badge
10268 days since the last Incident
mbmbmbmbmb
BLOOP BLOOP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Chaotic Neutral
badge
10268 days since the last Incident
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:

if i am clownfish I'm still totes picking you again XD

RELIVE HISTORY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbonds wrote:
BLOOP BLOOP

Double Bloop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbonds wrote:
Smugvid wrote:

if i am clownfish I'm still totes picking you again XD

RELIVE HISTORY

Absolutely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
8 more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Parade
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Smugvid wrote:

Don't claim if you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guybrush Threepwood
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
mbmbmbmbmb
I claim plankton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felice AKA Maria
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
This place needs more Nicholas Cage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felice AKA Maria
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:

?? He wasn't in Apocalypse Now. What we need is more cowbell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
Borgoto wrote:

?? He wasn't in Apocalypse Now. What we need is more cowbell!

Giving some more time for people who played in the series to sign up and were gonna advertise in the public thread when we get closer to start!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
And life abundantly. =)
badge
Inimitable
mbmbmbmbmb
You should recruite Tern73 and Tigerdoodle, they are great new people =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:

Feel free to GM them! I dont know them at all!

Also feel free to join yourself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
And life abundantly. =)
badge
Inimitable
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
TFang wrote:

Feel free to GM them! I dont know them at all!

Also feel free to join yourself!

I told Ortho to bug me if you guys need a replacement/mentor/whatever. The roleset hits some nerves that have frazzled out it in me, and I'm being really careful to not overdo signing up for games that hit me in that place to keep my WWing spirit high.

I know I got a GM inviting me to a crazy game from someone I didn't know after I'd played 2 or 3 games here, and it was a really neat moment I'd love for more people to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
And life abundantly. =)
badge
Inimitable
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify: I think the roleset is cool and am not digging on it. It has a lot of the features of a game like Legacy, which I love very much, but in smaller doses lately.

By the time you need a replacement, though, I may be raring to go, especially if I die early in Legacy the week before. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Just to clarify: I think the roleset is cool and am not digging on it. It has a lot of the features of a game like Legacy, which I love very much, but in smaller doses lately.

By the time you need a replacement, though, I may be raring to go, especially if I die early in Legacy the week before. =)

Now you make me want to roll wolf in Legacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
And life abundantly. =)
badge
Inimitable
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
TFang wrote:

Ink did just fine as "Villager with a Dead Chat Kill" last month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Borgoto wrote:
TFang wrote:

Ink did just fine as "Villager with a Dead Chat Kill" last month.

The Good Wolves helped too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [73] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.