Gravwell: Escape from the 9th Dimension» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drafting or Random Deal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliot Davis
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I have found that drafting tends to take a while ... particularly because we have to do it each round. We've just been playing with random deal and it works just fine. It makes the game a bit more ... well, random, but I think that works out okay. What do you guys think of this approach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do what makes you happy, but I would never play that way. The game is pretty fast, and the draft only takes a couple minutes each round. It's never even occurred to me that it might need to be sped up. The draft also increases the amount of open information and increases your chances of actually having a couple cards that do what you need them too at the start of each round. This is especially true if you're in the back of the pack, because you get first pick at the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We almost always have 5 or 6 players now, and even when we have less than that - we use the rapid draft method from the 5/6 player expansion.
Even with 6 players, drafting takes less than 2 minutes a round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
I find the game is a little bit strategic and a little bit random. So the drafting also captures that perfectly, IMO. It helps people try and choose cards that they need, but also gives them random cards as well. Haven't played a game without the drafting though, so not sure how it would work with just dealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.