Subject: scenarios 2 player and solo how many investigators rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
metallon metallonorg

Berlin
msg tools
mbmb
Hi MoM Fans,
I just play Rising Tides with my wife each one investigator and it seems...challenging. Should we have each taken two investigators?
How about if I would play the scenario solo. Do I take 2 or 4 investigators. What are you experiences/suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play with my wife now we each take 2 investigators. I have only soloed once (as a learning game) and I took 4 investigators then. Everything seemed to work fine for us.

As a note my wife and I started out with only one investigator each and we found it very hard... consequently we decided to run two characters each from then on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two was a good number. I believe the game will scale to how many investigators you have, but two didn't feel like too few at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Bates
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
Short answer:
With 2 players, play 2 characters each
Solo, play with 3 characters

I definitely feel like the game can be a bit punishing with fewer players. Especially in scenarios with large maps where the extra characters are needed to spread out and explore. My wife and I initially played a couple of scenarios with one character each but quickly decided that playing 2 characters each was the better way to go if we wanted a higher success rate. I've also played a bit solo and feel like playing 3 characters actually works quite well without having the massive amount of items, spells and damage to keep track of with 4 characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matloob Qureshi
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've found it to be harder when played with 2 players relative to 4. Someone on the forums suggested taking an extra action for 2 player games. It might be worth trying that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.