6 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #3» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does HE affect a CE tank? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexis Polux
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've got the Gun/MA rules down and know what happens when a tank is hit by HE.

However, the ASL/SK3 rules don't seem to explain what happens when HE hits a CE tank.

I can see that there is an explanation of how HE hitting a CE tank work with regard to 'KIA' and 'K' results. But, how are 'MC' and 'Pin' results applied (are even applied)?

Thank you in advance for any responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander III
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it does not affect the vehicle, then the CE crew undergoes an attack on the IFT (with the regular modifier, typically +2) using the same effects DR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Polux
msg tools
mbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
If it does not affect the vehicle, then the CE crew undergoes an attack on the IFT (with the regular modifier, typically +2) using the same effects DR.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

So, if the roll on the IFT resulted in an 'MC', would the CE tank have to take a morale check (and, of so, how would this work)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me throw this thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Duc de Guise wrote:
So, if the roll on the IFT resulted in an 'MC', would the CE tank have to take a morale check (and, of so, how would this work)?

If the MC was the result -after- applying the +2 CE DRM, then yes, the crew takes a morale check.

NOTE: This is the =ASL= sequence for an AFV crew's failed Morale Check. It uses the same morale level as that side's Elite Infantry (8 for most, 7 for the US). If it fails then it suffers a stun result and becomes BU.

FYI, if instead of a #MC it suffers a K/# or #KIA result it gets a Stun marker and is Recalled (must leave the board in the next turn).

Sorry I can't be more specific to ASLSK - don't have that rulebook handy.

-N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check 7.10 on ASLSK#3 rulebook (last two paragraphs particularly in this case).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Polux
msg tools
mbmbmb
Fantastic, that really clears everything up.

Thanks for all the responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.