Subject: Milking cattle, and pregnant cattle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike White
United Kingdom
stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you milk a pregnant cattle? Rules refer to cattle. Strictly cattle are either pregnant cattle or just cattle. Iconography on the board shows only cattle. The sheep shearer card specifically mentions inclusion of pregnant sheep. And this clarification isn't similarly written anywhere for milking cattle.

Thoughts?

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2017 Jun 14th - 18th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 1 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
I say yes. The iconography is exactly the same as sheering sheep. If there was a rule that a pregnant cow can't be milked, it should have an inset picture with a red X over a pregnant cow, like other unique restrictions on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I realise it'd generally be a terrible idea to do this, but theoretically can one eat sheep and cows (pregnant or otherwise?) at the feast? I assume so because they're red.

(I wonder if one should put them on there as meat? That may be too fiddly though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can eat cattle and sheep. Frank confirmed in another thread but I'm on mobile and don't have the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
You can eat cattle and sheep. Frank confirmed in another thread but I'm on mobile and don't have the link.

Wow, I was thinking you could not eat cow or sheep at the feast.

I guess anything red can be eaten.

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:

Thx
jonpfl

I searched up the link.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23981036#23981036

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:

Thx
jonpfl

I thought the same thing the first time I played (and taught). I think I was convinced of that because you need to process animals to eat them in EVERY SINGLE OTHER Rosenberg game.

Apparently vikings are a little less..... particular on the degree of preparation their meat has undergone.

"I hate getting the first bite of sheep! It's all wool!!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
I thought the same thing the first time I played (and taught). I think I was convinced of that because you need to process animals to eat them in EVERY SINGLE OTHER Rosenberg game.

Pretty sure that Dwarves in Caverna are quite happy to chew on raw meat too.

Probably worth avoiding it in Feast for Odin though, as unless you're super desperate you're eating points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.