Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

today I received my copy of 1880: China in good shape...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Helps to be right near the source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Smith
United States
Edmond
OK - Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos! We want some pictures. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grrrr! I hate you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moticon wrote:
Photos! We want some pictures. :-)

Here we go...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure it will be asked many times over in various places, but I'll add it here for what it's worth: this appears to be completely identical to the first edition of 1880 in every way as physical components and artwork goes, etc.

@Ingo: I wonder if you could have a gander in the rule book and let me know if it indicates a version change with the new printing? I haven't heard anything about any changes at all to the game and I expect there haven't been, but curious if you can confirm.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My copy arrived today, it was mailed on the 15th of November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Dutch Harbor
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived as well! Woohoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived in New Norfolk Tasmania today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
Did any of you receive a shipping notification to track your package?

Reason I ask: Helmut messaged me on 6 Dec that he'd be shipping my gamekit 'next week,' which would have been sometime this week. I emailed him midday yesterday but haven't heard back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I cannot follow you Christians; for you try to crawl through your life upon your knees, while I stride through mine on my feet.
mbmbmbmbmb
bellynice wrote:

Reason I ask: Helmut messaged me on 6 Dec that he'd be shipping my gamekit 'next week,' which would have been sometime this week. I emailed him midday yesterday but haven't heard back.

I don't recall getting one but I did also have a bunch of stuff ship around the same time. It just sort of showed up a few days ago. If you haven't, sign up for My USPS and it will text you when any package is incoming to your house.

Edit: The tracking number will end in 'DE' and it will be something you'll have to sign for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've had tracking when I've ordered from Double-O nor other German sellers, but I've always had smooth experiences with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
bellynice wrote:

**Update - heard back from Helmut, though no definitive answer re: a shipping notification since I didn't specifically ask that of him, ha. I just made sure of where he was in the shipping process (slow, it seems, what with the orders he has to fulfill and holidays upcoming and all). 'Tis all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Talley
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mine was shipped on november 29, left germany on the 30th, and the tracking has yet to be updated since then. yay holiday shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Salamon
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
When did this overtext thing happen? Am I supposed to think of something clever to put here?
mbmbmbmbmb
scud80 wrote:
mine was shipped on november 29, left germany on the 30th, and the tracking has yet to be updated since then. yay holiday shipping.

Hey Jake, how you doing? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
scud80 wrote:

Yeowch...Sounds a bit concerning, given that it took 6 days to get to u/mthompson in Canada earlier in November. Hopefully it arrives soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
bellynice wrote:
scud80 wrote:

Yeowch...Sounds a bit concerning, given that it took 6 days to get to u/mthompson in Canada earlier in November. Hopefully it arrives soon!

It wouldn't be the first time at all where a large wave of shipments has landed everywhere but USA because the customs process there is so much more heavily backlogged due to the perpetual red alert security panic there. I remember when the 1860 reprint was launched there was a huge fiasco as well and I think Americans were sometimes well over a month delayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not saying I have any more reliable information on the status than the next guy, just saying it's far too early to panic given the well documented history of tardy importation into the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scud80 wrote:

I'm in exactly the same situation, if the data point helps you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Talley
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
i'm not really concerned about it not arriving, as i don't think i've ever had an international package disappear completely. more of a commentary on how this time of year is very bad for shipping times into the usa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Baer
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more updates from U.S. customers who ordered in the late November/early December timeframe? I placed my order on December 4th. Hasn't shown up quite yet in Washington, DC.

I'm sure my copy is still working its way through the crowded holiday mails this time of year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisbaer wrote:
Any more updates from U.S. customers who ordered in the late November/early December timeframe? I placed my order on December 4th. Hasn't shown up quite yet in Washington, DC.

My status hasn't changed: shipped on Nov 29, has not yet arrived. As above, the Deutschepost tracking has it handed off to the USPS on 11/30, and USPS has not updated status beyond a "notified shipment is being prepared" status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Baer
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the update. I can just imagine some customs warehouse on the US East Coast filled to the brim with copies of 1880. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Talley
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
NotJeff wrote:
My status hasn't changed: shipped on Nov 29, has not yet arrived. As above, the Deutschepost tracking has it handed off to the USPS on 11/30, and USPS has not updated status beyond a "notified shipment is being prepared" status.

same for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
12 days later...

Still nothing?

Or did you get it and were so ecstatic (understably so!) that you forgot to post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.