Crimson Creek» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing of the support characters for Act 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Helmut Winkler
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
We played a 3 player and I was not sure where to put the other 3 characters on the board on Act 1.

The manual says in which order they are placed (no peeking icon, treetop, window, ...).

Do I have to fill the first location with two player tokens before we place the supporting characters on the next location card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a single supporting character in each of those places I bleive. If one of the locations already has Two characters in it, just go to the next location in the sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, interesting -- I interpreted it as filling the locations to 2 characters before moving on to the next one. The last game we played, 3 player, had no one starting in the Cabin so we placed two of the supporting characters in the Cabin, since it's the first in the list.

But I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I dunno... I interpret the wording on page 7 a little differently. The rules say that the remaining character tokens are placed in the following order..."
The way that sentence is worded informs me that the tokens are placed in an order, which implies that each token is placed in that order.

If they were meant to be placed in pairs, then in that case I'm sure the rules would've specifically said so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I took it to mean to always place tokens in order A, B, C, etc. So the first time I place a token, I look at A. If it's available, I place it there. Then I pick up another token and I start back at the beginning of the list. Is A still available? If yes, then place it there, too.

So I'm always going in that order -- always place things at A, then when I can no longer do so, place them at B, etc.

However, I think we need Greg to weigh in.

I actually liked placing both supporting characters in the Cabin because it made it more difficult. We had to push or pull someone from there before we could go in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.