$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Guardians: Explore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Battle Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the battle phase, you place out tokens on monsters according to how much damage you can do. Presumably, if it matches the monster's health, then you defeat it.

Can this be done at multiple locations or do you only get monsters as trophies from locations that you go to (in which case, it's only ever one location, with a max of two monsters)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's incorrect-- you only place damage tokens for powers that give out tokens (normally spells or ranged attack). These tokens can be distributed to any where, and in any amount. These tokens stay until the monster is defeated.

Every other power that raises your attack value (using your player card to track this power level), only is used vs. all the monsters on the location you battle at. This type of damage is all or none-- if you don't have an attack value high enough to defeat all monsters at a location, you can't go to that location. That means you may have to skip battling at a location, if there are none you can defeat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Ruland
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mb
SaintHax wrote:
That's incorrect-- you only place damage tokens for powers that give out tokens (normally spells or ranged attack). These tokens can be distributed to any where, and in any amount. These tokens stay until the monster is defeated.

Every other power that raises your attack value (using your player card to track this power level), only is used vs. all the monsters on the location you battle at. This type of damage is all or none-- if you don't have an attack value high enough to defeat all monsters at a location, you can't go to that location. That means you may have to skip battling at a location, if there are none you can defeat.


Exactly what he said!

Does that help?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reihon wrote:
SaintHax wrote:
That's incorrect-- you only place damage tokens for powers that give out tokens (normally spells or ranged attack). These tokens can be distributed to any where, and in any amount. These tokens stay until the monster is defeated.

Every other power that raises your attack value (using your player card to track this power level), only is used vs. all the monsters on the location you battle at. This type of damage is all or none-- if you don't have an attack value high enough to defeat all monsters at a location, you can't go to that location. That means you may have to skip battling at a location, if there are none you can defeat.


Exactly what he said!

Does that help?


Yes, thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you attack first or place tokens first?

When are damage tokens resolved if they defeat monster?

I place 4 tokens on a monster and it is enough to defeat it and I don't have enough power to kill any other monster. Is the monster eliminated and then can I move my tent to that site?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Ruland
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mb
BigMacRepair wrote:
Do you attack first or place tokens first?

If you look on the front side of your Player Mats, you'll see the first thing in the Battle Phase is to place damage counters.

BigMacRepair wrote:
When are damage tokens resolved if they defeat monster?

If you look on the front side of your Player Mats, you'll see that you:
Place damage counters on monsters.
Move to and battle ALL monsters at a location.
Collect all defeated monsters as trophies.

tl;dr - you collect all your monsters at the same time.

BigMacRepair wrote:
I place 4 tokens on a monster and it is enough to defeat it and I don't have enough power to kill any other monster. Is the monster eliminated and then can I move my tent to that site?

You can move your Blanket Fort to any location with no monsters. So, yes!

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.