Hide
5 Posts

Snowblind: Race for the Pole» Forums » Rules

Subject: When does the game end? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve brothers
msg tools
Two player game. My captain made it to the pole, planted his flag and is back at base (zone 2). So I get the medal token for being first back.

My opponent planted his flag and is on his way back to base. We both have a couple exhausted sailors and scientists as well as some healthy sailors/scientists on the board.

It is my understanding that the game is not over until all healthy sailors/scientists/captains either make it back to base or are exhausted/perish (or the pack ice card surfaces). Is this correct?

Additionally once a player has all his remaining healthy meeples back at base the other opponents have to take a gray die and add it to their dice pool for all future rolls. That correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game usually ends one round after the pack ice card is revealed.

And you're almost correct with your questions: but the entire surviving team (awake and exhausted) must be back at the base. Only then the opponent take the dice or end the game when all players are.

Thematically: you're not abandon crew members unless you're forced to (pack ice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve brothers
msg tools
Hmmm...I get the "no man left behind" thing. But if my flag is planted and everyone except for one or two (exhausted) guys are back at base camp with only one or two weather cards left to draw I may not wish to risk further bloodshed in a rescue attempt.

Think of Matt Damon in "The Martian"

Im penalized by not earning points for them being back at base anyway so I do believe it is the gamer's choice to rescue them or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're worth 2 points if they're back at camp, but 0 if they're out in the cold, so you ARE penalized. But, you might decide it's not worth rescuing them, in which case it might be a very quick couple rounds...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't participate once all of your living crew members are back at the ship. Everyone else takes a gray D8 before doing anything. I've run into the situation where I've left explorers exhausted but didn't have the crates required to go revive them so they hadn't technically perished but I couldn't rescue them. I'm guessing that if you haven't gotten everyone back but can't go get them, you just pass if you don't want to have to roll for exposure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.