Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now I'm starting to question if 1500 - The New World is going to have its Kickstarter at all. All I'm seeing is the Kickstarter STILL in its draft state... Is coming up with the last bits of artwork that long of a thing to do with such good artists at your disposal? This shouldn't be taking so long! Sorry for the rage, but this KS is WAY behind schedule. And the longer it takes, the less people are going to be interested in it.
IAF Leader is already on it with its Kickstarter, and is 50% of the way through with its funding. [And once again, it's NOT a TAL clone]
And in equal measure... No offense, but I question as to why this is not occurring on schedule, as whatever hype there could've been is dying out.
Again, I apologize for any outbursts or crass remarks. I hope to see some answers soon. Thank you.

P.S. Sorry, but I'm more interested in IAFL and the upcoming KS campaigns for Sherman and Huey Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is...

Too much happening at DVG at present.

IAFL KS
WF WW2 packing & dispatch
Web site needs updating
B-17 final draft work
Etc

Then for 1500 there may be some changes as a result of feedback

One critism that a few people have aired is that of not enough online presence during the KS. So delaying the KS to be ready is IMO sensible.
(But as you noted it could lose some of the initial momentum)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
...Something also tells me that 1500 - The New World's dormant KS may be hindering IAFL from getting much-needed backers because people might be constantly eyeing that one over IAFL. IAFL's KS is now stuck over $13K out of a $20K goal... And I'm sorry, but I think that 1500: TNW is proving to be one of those factors in my eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been following IAFL much - too busy in other areas of life. I have it on 48 hour reminder - and was then going to decide if I had the cash to back.

How much discussion on the other Leader boards has there been?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
A lot's been going on with Hornet, Phantom, Thunderbolt-Apache and Tiger Leader... Not much with IAFL.

I say you'd better pitch in whatever cash you can to back it, we've only got 15 days left and not enough has been accumulated. I'll try to convince others on the rest of the DVG-related forums around here to join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do Monday

Any buzz on other forums - TMP etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
TMP? First off, I never saw any of those forums... Two, what's TMP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMP = The Miniatures Page
It has a number of forums

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
None - But I just started up a membership there, so I'll try to inform them about what's going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello All,

We postponed the 1500 KS to launch the Israeli Air Force Leader KS. 1500 will launch in early 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.