A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Barbarian occupation card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, with the card Barbarian (158A), could you receive the bonus (weapons and silver) for each meat you put on the banquet table, or only you receive it once at maximum? The rules says (emphasis is mine) "In the Feast phase (phase 9) of each round, if you place at least 1 game meat or whale meat on the “Banquet Table” track, you receive 3 weapon cards and 1 silver", but I can see the symbol used in other cards when you can receive the bonus more than one time, like Miner (22A).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
Hi, with the card Barbarian (158A), could you receive the bonus (weapons and silver) for each meat you put on the banquet table, or only you receive it once at maximum? The rules says (emphasis is mine) "In the Feast phase (phase 9) of each round, if you place at least 1 game meat or whale meat on the “Banquet Table” track, you receive 3 weapon cards and 1 silver", but I can see the symbol used in other cards when you can receive the bonus more than one time, like Miner (22A).

Once at maximum.
English version is missing words, so this is wrong, see below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I forgot to say is that in my copy (Spanish edition) the card itself says "Once per each meat". It's something that can lead to confusion because the appendix for this edition says "at least". Then it is an errata for this copy. What does the card itself in English or German say?

I'm not sure (I don't have the game at the moment), but I think that the card 159B has a similar effect, but instead you can do a hunting action as a reward. The card's graphics are more clear than this card. I don't know why cards with similar effects don't have similar content used so we have more homogeneity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Immer wenn du in der Phase „Festmahl“ (Phase 9) dein Festmahl mit mindestens 1 Wild- oder Walfleisch bestreitest, erhältst du pro eingesetztes Wild- bzw. Walfleisch 3 Waffenkarten sowie 1 Silber (welches du, wenn du möchtest, direkt für das Festmahl verwenden kannst). Ziehe die Waffenkarten vom Nachziehstapel und lege sie offen vor dir ab. (Die Spielregeln erlauben dir, Waren auch schon vor dem Festmahl auf die Festtafel-Leiste zu legen. Die Belohnung, die dir hier versprochen wird, bekommst du aber dennoch erst in der Phase „Festmahl“.)

Quote from the German Appendix.

Whenever you have a Feast with at least 1 (of the meat types) you get 3 weapon cards and a silver per meat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexendoktor wrote:
Quote:
Immer wenn du in der Phase „Festmahl“ (Phase 9) dein Festmahl mit mindestens 1 Wild- oder Walfleisch bestreitest, erhältst du pro eingesetztes Wild- bzw. Walfleisch 3 Waffenkarten sowie 1 Silber (welches du, wenn du möchtest, direkt für das Festmahl verwenden kannst). Ziehe die Waffenkarten vom Nachziehstapel und lege sie offen vor dir ab. (Die Spielregeln erlauben dir, Waren auch schon vor dem Festmahl auf die Festtafel-Leiste zu legen. Die Belohnung, die dir hier versprochen wird, bekommst du aber dennoch erst in der Phase „Festmahl“.)

Whenever you have a Feast with at least 1 (of the meat types) you get 3 weapon cards and a silver per meat.

Ah, those last two words make a pretty big difference.

And now that raises this question:
Does it mean three cards total plus one silver per meat, or three cards per meat and one silver per meat?

AND is it per meat even if its a duplicate, or is it per meat type?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hexendoktor wrote:
Quote:

Great catch since this would mean the English appendix is wrong, I believe? Also good questions about the weapons and duplicate meat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Hexendoktor wrote:
Quote:

Does it mean three cards total plus one silver per meat, or three cards per meat and one silver per meat?

The German appendix is very clear. It is "per for the feast used game- or whale meat" you get "3 weapon cards and 1 silver". So it is per tile (not per type).

It also states that you can use the gained silver for that same feast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexendoktor wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Hexendoktor wrote:
Quote:

The German appendix is very clear. It is "per for the feast used game- or whale meat" you get "3 weapon cards and 1 silver". So it is per tile (not per type).

It also states that you can use the gained silver for that same feast.

Thanks for the translation! I hope Frank chimes in to let us know if this will be added to the errata and clarifications document.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, then maybe the card in my copy is correct if the bonus is per meat used whatever the type.

alexandermagno wrote:
What does the card itself in English or German say?

I quoted myself. I want to know what the card (not the appendix) says. I'm interested in this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexendoktor wrote:
Quote:

It should read per meat and it will be added to the errata document.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wimbush
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love this card. I quickly explored a pair of islands for the whale blubber and game meat and started raking in weapons and silver at each feast. I couldn't fail on pillaging, hunting, trapping and whaling and even raiding became a viable option. This left me with more slabs of flesh than I needed so I was upgrading and placing them. All those pesky vegetables were stuffed into my longhouse. I've scored far better with other strategies but this was the most thematically satisfying and fun to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.