Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Blake
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
This probably sounds odd, but hear me out. Any of you who have seen the World of Warcraft CCG starter boxes will know, they are pretty cool. They come in an over-thick DVD plastic snapcase type deal, with custom molded spaces for the decks.

Turns out, it's just the right size for Wings of War as well. Each compartment will hold about 150 Wings of War cards (as 2 decks of approximately 75 cards). Additionally, the rulers fit if stored at an angle on top. I found that Famous Aces fit nicely in a single box by itself, WYB and either of the two boosters in a second box, and Burning Drachens and the other booster in a third. Unfortunatley, the cases are too small for the blimps from Drachens.

Anyway, I was wondering if it might be possible to get some high quality artwork to print out for the labels. Since these are essentially DVD cases, it wouldn't be that difficult to print and affix to the case, even just using the reverse side of the World of Warcraft CCG label.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, there is a store online which sells just the empty boxes. Just search for "Warcraft" and "Empty starter deck box" and you'll find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of trying this.

It's funny that this should even be an issue, as you'd think the Wings of War boxes are good enough. However, from experience I'll tell you the original Wings of War boxes appear to be made with dimensions that perfectly foul up and sort of attempt to put your games in boxes for transportation. They are always exactly the wrong size. I can't explain it.

Too bad the balloons don't fit. I'll give it a shot anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls