Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Korreck
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say you must brave hazard when ending movement in system. But what if you begin your turn there and do not move? Do I still need to brave the hazard? Thanks again in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why you would have to.

For phenomena, it says you may spend a command token to brave it in an attempt to earn the research token. Otherwise, you just sit there.

I see that thematically as you not knowing that the hazard exists when you enter the system, but once you're there, you can keep your distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no, the rules are clear you only brave the hazard when stopping in the system or when you choose to (for collecting research at a phenomenon).
starting in a hazard does not require you to brave the hazard again.

the examples in the rules specify that ships passing through, or already in the system (built there or otherwise) do not brave it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark LaCroix
msg tools
Oh yeah, in my last match I built a starbase at Rura Penthe, a hazard planet, before checking if ships I built there would need to immediately brave the Hazard (Imagine! Cursed shipyards!).

Our group quickly determined that even though that situation is not addressed in the rules, the rule that only ships "ending Movement" would need to brave the hazard made it pretty clear that hazard planets make for excellent fortifications from invasion and are ideal places to build fleets and launch assaults from, but ships leaving should not intend to return. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.