$30.00
Matt Halowell

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I was just curious to know if anyone thought that Battlelore Second Edition has be superseded by another game. I am a big fan of Battlelore, and have had my eye on the new Mythic Battles: Pantheon. Any thoughts on whether Mythic Battles will dethrone or at least be competitive with Battlelore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith

UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We still play it's sister game Memoir '44 .
In the last few years my normal battlelore opponents prefer to play Summoner Wars for some reason.
Strange as it is only a little bit similar in my eyes .
Perhaps the main game mechanism is still captured by memoir 44 and the fantasy fix comes from Summoner wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythic Battles had a fairly decent system, but the game got close to no coverage so it died. I'm not sure how much has changed it in the newer version, but it has to be by default more open than what the C&C system does. I liked my play of BattleLore, but I'm not sure it goes above an 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ferrise
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
(Instagram) @thebrewinggamer (BGG Blog) TheBrewingGamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
I liked my play of BattleLore, but I'm not sure it goes above an 8.

Truth. I think mine is a 7.5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be confusing B with another card-based combat game, but I've heard criticisms of card-based combat limiting what you can do on a turn. With MB, their leadership cards ("Art of War") can be used one of three ways, including looking for an activation card of a unit you may want to activate, without needing it in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Sigmar blows it away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided against Battlelore and bought Battles of Westeros since I like the ideas in it better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BattleLore? SCNR. But IMHO its still the best C&C type game out there, at least with the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think plenty of games surpass Battlelore 2.0... ah, what was the question again? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krister Dahlgren
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Age of Sigmar blows it away.

Yeah, Age of Sigmar blows big time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.