Subject: Few questions : rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Hello,

I need a few clarifications :

1. When you play a card, can you use the recruit + attack value or you must chose one of the two?

2. Alien cards with a 1*, what does the * means?

3. If you play for example with 4 friends, and 2 end up being dead and chose to be aliens, how it works? Do they share the deck? Will the first player who's dead be the alien until he dies again then the 2nd one pick the deck?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can use both

2. the * indicates that the text on the card may change this value, make sure to read the text on the card.

3. Share the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Hello,

Thank you for your reply! Tho I have another question!

If you put a coordinate card for your friend to use it but die before he actually uses it, is it lost or no?

Example :

You put it down for B to use it, but first he decides to scan a room with his own attack point and draw an event that tells "player A draws a strike" and then he dies, what happens?

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloum wrote:
Hello,

If you put a coordinate card for your friend to use it but die before he actually uses it, is it lost or no?

Example :

You put it down for B to use it, but first he decides to scan a room with his own attack point and draw an event that tells "player A draws a strike" and then he dies, what happens?

Thank you very much!

He still gets to use the coordinate card. As soon as you play it, it is as if he has a copy of it in his hand so even if you die he could still use it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
1. You can use both

I didn't realise this. Which cards have both Attack (scratches) and Recruit (stards)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloum wrote:
Hello,

Example :

Thank you very much!

He still gets to use the coordinate card. As soon as you play it, it is as if he has a copy of it in his hand so even if you die he could still use it!

This might be right, but I'm not sure. I always thought of the Coordinate card as being available if the other player wanted to use it, but a copy of it doesn't go into his hand until he actually uses it.

So it seems to me that if the player that is Coordinating dies before the active player declares that they are using it, you would throw all of the player's cards away including the one they are trying to coordinate.

But I don't know the official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Gloum wrote:
Hello,

Example :

Thank you very much!

This might be right, but I'm not sure. I always thought of the Coordinate card as being available if the other player wanted to use it, but a copy of it doesn't go into his hand until he actually uses it.

So it seems to me that if the player that is Coordinating dies before the active player declares that they are using it, you would throw all of the player's cards away including the one they are trying to coordinate.

But I don't know the official answer.

Don't have the rules handy but I am almost 100% certain the "virtual" copy of the card that was coordinated is considered part of the active player's hand as soon as it is played by the other player. The active player doesn't have to use it immediately, but it is still considered in their hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.