Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Chien
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I have read on the forums here, the inn building changes one charcoal into two sand. In my copy of the game though, the inn changes one charcoal into two food. Is this a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, food makes a heck of a lot more sense coming from an Inn than sand. Where did you read it should be sand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a mistranslation in the English rules, which say (at least in the online PDF), "Pay 1 Charcoal to gain 2 Quartz sand (see G2)."

The German rules say, "Tausche 1 Holzkohle gegen 2 Nahrung (siehe G2)."

Translated: "Exchange 1 Charcoal for 2 Food (see G2)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Chien
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw it in this thread:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13921622#13921622

and it also says in the rule book, on page 16, under "Appendix 2" where it describes the buildings. It says the Inn changes one charcoal into two Quartz sand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Chien
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
This is a mistranslation in the English rules, which say (at least in the online PDF), "Pay 1 Charcoal to gain 2 Quartz sand (see G2)."

The German rules say, "Tausche 1 Holzkohle gegen 2 Nahrung (siehe G2)."

Translated: "Exchange 1 Charcoal for 2 Food (see G2)."

Ok, that really clears things up. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excuse my density here....but is it food or sand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark_Knight wrote:

It appears that food is correct, but the appendix in the rule book incorrectly lists it as sand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing like a stay at ye olde inn for a cold pint of ale, a restful night, and then a hot bowl of sand to get you started in the morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Dark_Knight wrote:

It appears that food is correct, but the appendix in the rule book incorrectly lists it as sand.

Food is what appears on the tile, and food is what is named in the original German rules.

The translated English rules say sand.

I take that to imply that food is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Dark_Knight wrote:

Food is what appears on the tile, and food is what is named in the original German rules.

The translated English rules say sand.

I take that to imply that food is correct.

And, as you relayed above, the translated English rules also have the "(see G2)" note, which only applies to buildings that provide charcoal or food, not to buildings which provide sand (note G2 is about gaining all of it to a single resource dial).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Nothing like a stay at ye olde inn for a cold pint of ale, a restful night, and then a hot bowl of sand to get you started in the morning.

Ah, it would seem that you, too, are a fan of the Hampton Inn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
The translated English rules also have the "(see G2)" note, which only applies to buildings that provide charcoal or food, not to buildings which provide sand (note G2 is about gaining all of it to a single resource dial).

Good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.