Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonzalo Santacruz de la Torre
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I started today my play with the game and I'm in doubt with the tribal units, as the rules says that you have to draw for the first region (tan units) until at least you have a specific number of units for each of the four tribes in that region. So as I understand it, if you are required to have 2, 1, 1, and 1 unit for that four tribes, you could have more than that number of units meanwhile you don't fulfill the minimum number requirement. Is this right? In that way each game you can have different units in the tribal boxes, as also you can draw more tan units when placing the green tribal units.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Erwin wrote:
Hi, I started today my play with the game and I'm in doubt with the tribal units, as the rules says that you have to draw for the first region (tan units) until at least you have a specific number of units for each of the four tribes in that region. So as I understand it, if you are required to have 2, 1, 1, and 1 unit for that four tribes, you could have more than that number of units meanwhile you don't fulfill the minimum number requirement.

Yes, you keep drawing tan units until you have at least the minimum. And then if you draw more while drawing the green units, you get some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ok, clear Tom. Indeed I realized that was that way when I saw a setup image here in BGG. Well, being the first time I play I continued with a "generic and minimal" tan tribes setup.

Thanks,
Gonzalo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as my question also fits the thread topic, I thought I'd add it here. I just picked up the game at the weekend, and am reading the rules now.

Under section 3.0, Set Up, it doesn't really give any details on how to place Tribal Units or Leaders. For units, can I assume that if I draw more than one of the same tribe, they are placed in the space in drawn order, rather than, say descending/ascending by resistance? It just says to draw one at a time, then place. But it doesn't specify to place them in draw order, or something else. And for Tribal Leaders, do I roll the dice, as mentioned in 7.2, Tribal Leader? It doesn't say anything other than the tan leader may be drawn.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One additional question. If I happen to draw 3 of any tribe during set up, say Ordovices, as this is the most likely, when would a check for an Internecine War be made? Only if a 4th tribe chit is placed there, through 7.1, step 4? Or does that trigger even if no chit is placed there?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I had the same question, but right now I'm playing without Internecine wars during setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ColintheFlea wrote:
Seeing as my question also fits the thread topic, I thought I'd add it here. I just picked up the game at the weekend, and am reading the rules now.

Under section 3.0, Set Up, it doesn't really give any details on how to place Tribal Units or Leaders. For units, can I assume that if I draw more than one of the same tribe, they are placed in the space in drawn order, rather than, say descending/ascending by resistance?

You place them in the drawn order, as you would when resolving a Hostile Tribe Reaction.

Quote:
And for Tribal Leaders, do I roll the dice, as mentioned in 7.2, Tribal Leader? It doesn't say anything other than the tan leader may be drawn.

Yes, you would place them as you would in 7.2.

Quote:
One additional question. If I happen to draw 3 of any tribe during set up, say Ordovices, as this is the most likely, when would a check for an Internecine War be made? Only if a 4th tribe chit is placed there, through 7.1, step 4? Or does that trigger even if no chit is placed there?

You would not check for Internecine War. This is something I will clarify when the rulebook gets revised (when the new, color-blind friendly, counters have been laid out).

Thank you for your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, all makes sense regarding set up.

I read a little further after posting my questions, and saw that during Housekeeping, a space with 3 Tribes would be addressed in Tribal De-escalation, so assuming the 3 tribes made it that far, they may trigger that rule, right?

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I thought that deescalation was only the leader removal (I don't have the rules here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erwin wrote:
I thought that deescalation was only the leader removal (I don't have the rules here).

Yes, De-escalation removes all Tribal Leaders. But it will also remove the top Tribal Unit where there is a 3+ Settlement, and also the top Tribal Unit where there are 3+ Units and no Settlement. So if you draw 3 units in Set Up, and do nothing to that space, one will disppear in Housekeeping.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.