Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
8.4.1 Event Instructions. Whenever any Non-player Faction is to execute an Event and that Faction’s symbol on the card has a light-colored halo, first check any special instructions for that Event on the reverse of the Random Spaces foldout. When a Faction plays an Event that gives free Operations or Special Activities (5.5) to another, Non-player Faction, the 2nd Faction’s Event instructions(if any) apply to how it executes those free actions.

I have a question for the bot master regarding this rule, specifically this part of it.

When a Faction plays an Event that gives free Operations or Special Activities (5.5) to another, Non-player Faction, the 2nd Faction’s Event instructions(if any) apply to how it executes those free actions.

If the other non-player faction's instructions are to choose Op + Special, does this mean for the executing faction to choose Op + Special? I am not sure if there are any cases where a portion of the instructions would lead down this path (a part that applies to the executing faction plus a choose Op+Special for the non-executing that is receiving actions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "when a faction plays an event..." portion just means to use the flowchart to figure out how to execute any operation or special activity given to a 2nd faction that happens to be a bot by an event card.

In other words when the 1st faction (player or bot) activates an event that gives a 2nd faction a free op or SA or both, the 1st faction does the event text as normal (following the rules for either player or bot faction) and the 2nd (non-player) faction chooses which op, SA or both (based on what the event card gave them) to execute based on their flowchart.

What the 2nd faction chooses to do has no bearing on whether the 1st faction chooses event or op and SA. In fact if the 1st faction chooses op and SA then there will be no event to give the free op or sa to the 2nd faction and they will do nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
The "when a faction plays an event..." portion just means to use the flowchart to figure out how to execute any operation or special activity given to a 2nd faction that happens to be a bot by an event card.

In other words when the 1st faction (player or bot) activates an event that gives a 2nd faction a free op or SA or both, the 1st faction does the event text as normal (following the rules for either player or bot faction) and the 2nd (non-player) faction chooses which op, SA or both (based on what the event card gave them) to execute based on their flowchart.

What the 2nd faction chooses to do has no bearing on whether the 1st faction chooses event or op and SA. In fact if the 1st faction chooses op and SA then there will be no event to give the free op or sa to the 2nd faction and they will do nothing.

I think that you are misreading my question. This does not apply to the flowchart, but to the special instructions for the second faction on how they would carry out the action.

"the 2nd Faction’s Event instructions(if any) apply to how it executes those free actions."

In the case of there being 2nd faction instructions, specifically Choose Op + Special, how would the 2nd faction carry out the instructions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:

I think that you are misreading my question. This does not apply to the flowchart, but to the special instructions for the second faction on how they would carry out the action.

"the 2nd Faction’s Event instructions(if any) apply to how it executes those free actions."

In the case of there being 2nd faction instructions, specifically Choose Op + Special, how would the 2nd faction carry out the instructions?

The event card gives the event text to the 1st faction (assuming no halo instruction changes it to op/sa), when that same event gives either a free OP or a SA or both to a 2nd faction, the "event instructions" the rules are referring to are most relevantly 8.4.4. NOT the event specific instructions for the event card, those (i.e. choose OP/SA instead of Event) only apply to the 1st faction (i.e. the one choosing to execute the event).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
8.4.1 Event Instructions. Whenever any Non-player Faction is to execute an Event and that Faction’s symbol on the card has a light-colored halo, first check any special instructions for that Event on the reverse of the Random Spaces foldout. When a Faction plays an Event that gives free Operations or Special Activities (5.5) to another, Non-player Faction, the 2nd Faction’s Event instructions(if any) apply to how it executes those free actions.

I have a question for the bot master regarding this rule, specifically this part of it.

When a Faction plays an Event that gives free Operations or Special Activities (5.5) to another, Non-player Faction, the 2nd Faction’s Event instructions(if any) apply to how it executes those free actions.

The "it" you ask about refers to the 2nd Faction that got granted free actions by an Event played by the 1st Faction. If the 2nd Faction wouldn't normally play the Event at all (i.e., the 1st Faction plays the Event mire or less out of spite), it (i.e., the 2nd Faction) uses its own flowchart to determine how it resolves those unexpected/unwanted actions.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.