Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 9 Initial tiles.
With 1 or 2 players, there are 11 blank spaces on the track, which means you need 10 tiles to leave one empty. Do you use all 9 and then a single EARLY tile?

The rulebook doesn't say, but drawing on my experience with Glen More, it seems like this is the obvious rule.
Just checking to see if I missed something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You only leave one open space, so in 1 and 2-player games there are three pawns (2 player + spot, or 1 player + spot + red die), 14 spaces, and only 9 initial. You do add one from the Early tiles.

Always the rulebook balance of complete / concise! I'm glad you got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered the same thing from our first play and just figured it must be so. Thanks for clarifying though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Todesco
United States
Chicago Suburbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
Read it again, carefully...
badge
Hey! I bought OverText! I'm cooler than you!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I had the same thought because the setup doesn't say, but if you look really carefully at the rulebook "initial setup" image, the last tile is the red "Backer Quarters", which is an "Early" tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.