Pablito A
msg tools
The ball is in your court, no more whining.

Good Luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You forgot the Supreme Court, unless that's what you meant by ball in court.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You are about to witness a spectacular failure of 'leadership'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Wonder what they will have to change to get off this losing streak?

Actually govern this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BEYOND awesome....better than I expected.

Now for them to perform. Fingers crossed.....

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Exactly this. The GOP has set themselves up with obstructionism for so long, the question is do they have the leadership to actually accomplish anything. I would like to think so, but I haven't seen any evidence of it over the past eight years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Exactly this. The GOP has set themselves up with obstructionism for so long, the question is do they have the leadership to actually accomplish anything. I would like to think so, but I haven't seen any evidence of it over the past eight years.

We're out of the market and will sell house soon. Think our cash is staying on the sidelines for awhile. Maybe gold and ammo for the near term. Zero faith in this bozo remotely grasping basic economics. Borrowing money and taking property by eminent domain doesn't equip one to actually run an economy.

Maybe the cabinet will provide some hope. If it's people like Giuliani and Christie, we're in for a long four years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

I very much doubt that Obama's last few days will be any worse then his first few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

I call bullshit.

They have failed.

Failed to obstruct in any way. They stood by and supported everything Obama has shoved down our throats, despite promises to obstruct. Couple of appointments aside, they have not lifted a finger to live up to their promises. Had they suspected Trump would win they would have tripped over themselves to confirm Garland, they were only stalling for their own reelection benefit. The good of the country never crossed their small, power hungry minds.

Ryan and McConnell need to step aside.

You are about to see republican obstructionism on a grand scale in an effort to thwart Trump.

The fact that they attempted to obstruct and failed just goes to show that they don't even have enough leadership to effectively not-lead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, here is how this plays out. The party is first super excited to control both houses of congress and the presidency. Their electorate is excited. It is all very exciting. Things are going great right up until they try to do something. Then the internal fighting begins, some representative from a dumbass state gets clever and decides to extort the rest of the majority for some pork addition in exchange for their critical vote on an important bill, things stagnate, another member switches parties, maybe someone kicks the bucket, soon two years are shot little is accomplished and everyone is pissed off. Control flips. Back to partisan gridlock.

Only this time it isn't entirely clear the president elect is actually in the same party as that which controls congress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

I call bullshit.

They have failed.

Failed to obstruct in any way. They stood by and supported everything Obama has shoved down our throats, despite promises to obstruct. Couple of appointments aside, they have not lifted a finger to live up to their promises. Had they suspected Trump would win they would have tripped over themselves to confirm Garland, they were only stalling for their own reelection benefit. The good of the country never crossed their small, power hungry minds.

You are about to see republican obstructionism on a grand scale in an effort to thwart Trump.

Obstructionism from Republicans AND Democrats. Maybe there is hope for the Republic. The Trump tantrums at not ruling by edict should be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

I call bullshit.

They have failed.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Let's face it -- both parties have lost the ability to actually govern. And this has nothing to do with who sits in the Oval Office. Power in the republic rests in the people's house -- Congress. And Congress has an abysmal track record dating back to 1996, when they last got anything done besides pass a bill or two. We need to get rid of both political parties, and rely on individuals

Which is as likely as either the Dems or Repubs actually getting one goddamn thing done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
49xjohn wrote:

I very much doubt that Obama's last few days will be any worse then his first few.

I'm fairly certain the OP is talking about the president elect. Besides, we all know Obama is all done with exception of a few pardons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.