Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Mancuso
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone ever bought something from the marketplace and heard nothing from the seller? Not sure what to do I have sent a few messages and heard nothing back. I wasn't sure if this was a normal occurrence or if I need to report it.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mancuso
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I have been checking each day since I ordered and the seller has logged in each day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will usually contact them first since a lot of those items have been in there a while and I wait for the sellers to respond but they still have the item. It also helps weed out the sellers that don't respond.

How long have you been waiting for a response?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mancuso
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since November 3rd. He had a pretty good rating, so I did ask if the item is still available but then after a day or two I just went ahead and bought the item. And I still haven't heard back after a few correspondence. I finally came to the conclusion that the item just may not be available anymore since the listing was three years old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 y/o, maybe he is searching for it before confirming laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek market purchases automatically expire after 3 days.

Also, sellers automatically receive a reminder after 48 hours that 24 hours remain.

So if it's been 3 days, it's safe to say that they aren't interested in making the sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueThunderKuno wrote:
Has anyone ever bought something from the marketplace and heard nothing from the seller?

Yes.

The guy refused to respond (but was logging in) and then after it expired tried to sell it to me for more than the original listing; and no the original listing price wasn't a mistake (like accidentally listing for $5 instead of $50). He was just trying to squeeze me for more money.

Because of the way the feedback system works I could not leave negative feedback and warn others about him. I think the feedback system needs an overhaul. If someone buys and you don't respond then they should be allowed to leave feedback (presumably negative). There are probably other possible improvements to be had as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mancuso
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the info, I never had a sale go bad before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mancuso
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I agree, there should be a feedback system for negative feedback on no communication. I just think it was odd, because even if the guy didn't want to sell or didn't have the item on hand, it would had been nice to have a message about it.

Oh well, lesson learned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueThunderKuno wrote:
Has anyone ever bought something from the marketplace and heard nothing from the seller? Not sure what to do I have sent a few messages and heard nothing back. I wasn't sure if this was a normal occurrence or if I need to report it.

Thanks

You are not alone. I've sent multiple PMs to my seller, emails to personal business, and no response over the course of a month.

Time to get in touch with:
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mancuso
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the order looks like it was auto canceled today. Really bummed out about it. I guess reaching out to the admin is really the only feedback you can give at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can echo that but with trades... had 2-3 really smooth and easy ones and for some reason the last people have ignored me.

Set it up, send out the request, and even hit them up on IM after the 3 days is up with no response to say "Hey, still interested in trading if you are! Let me know yes or no, thanks!"

Nothing.... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mancuso
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it really does stink when that happens. I mean I understand in life that things happen and communication is key. I would rather someone be honest and tell me what's going on, rather than the silence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.