Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bear or Baffin Island question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

In regards to income, can you just put single silver coins on the income spaces and get the lowest income shown (and not worry about the home board left and below square placement rules)?

Thx
jonpfl
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
No, the home board rules still apply.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

In regards to income, can you just put single silver coins on the income spaces and get the lowest income shown (and not worry about the home board left and below square placement rules)?

Thx
jonpfl

No. You can't cover an income space unless the entire lower-left square is covered.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is more a Rules forum question, but you still have to follow the income rules for islands.

That said, I think at least one island allows putting a single silver coin to get 1 income, yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDG_ wrote:
No, the home board rules still apply.


So, for Bear Island, one needs to cover the 1 coin (and the 2 squares below) and 2 to left of 2 coin to get income of 2 coins?

Sorry I cannot attach a pic at the moment.

Thx
jonpfl
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
EDG_ wrote:
No, the home board rules still apply.


So, for Bear Island, one needs to cover the 1 coin (and the 2 squares below) and 2 to left of 2 coin to get income of 2 coins?

Sorry I cannot attach a pic at the moment.

Thx
jonpfl

There seems to be some confusion. You do not need to cover spaces to the left of the "2" coin to get the 2 coins. The rule is: You cannot cover the "2" coin until everything else to the left of it, or below it, or below and left of it is covered. In the income phase, you receive the lowest uncovered amount.

And yes, there is an island (don't recall which one) on which the lowest income spot is a "1"; if you explore that island, you begin can begin receiving one silver income without placing any tiles on it.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok,

Just make sure I understand this correctly.

In the following image, if I wanted to get the free sheep, I would be required to cover the following squares around it (blue X).

And in order to cover up the blue X over the 3 coin, I would have to cover all the squares under the light green lines (almost the entire island).



Is this correct?

Thx
jonpfl
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
Ok,

Just make sure I understand this correctly.

In the following image, if I wanted to get the free sheep, I would be required to cover the following squares around it (blue X).

And in order to cover up the blue X over the 3 coin, I would have to cover all the squares under the light green lines (almost the entire island).



Is this correct?

Thx
jonpfl

Yes, correct. Although bear in mind you're not required to cover the other spaces that show goods symbols, but you are allowed to (if you don't mind losing the ability gain the free good and it makes it easier to get the other spaces around it covered).

EDIT: Also, I think you probably know this, since you skipped over one of them with your lines, but you did draw lines through others. Any space surrounded by thick black lines cannot be covered by a tile. So the hole two below the sheep, the hole to the right of the second 1 income space, and the gap where the inlet comes in along the bottom middle, all shouldn't have lines through them.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread to the Rules forum.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.