Subject: Quick Team Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Stainer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everyone,

I have been tasked with planning about 90 minutes worth of team games. Teams will be about 4 people, with 2 kids (ages 6-14) and 2 adults on each team (some teams may have more, but that's the minimum).

Basically I want to plan a series of 10-15 minute games that teams can compete against each other, earn points, and eventually have a winner declared, with the team getting some sort of silly prize at the end.

The people playing this will range from young and active, to old and almost completely immobile.

So far I have some ideas such as a modification of the 1-2-3 Game from The Genius TV show, a simple object memorization test, some fun kid/adult trivia, and perhaps the Hat Game (charades with famous people, three rounds).

I'd love some more ideas though. It's a bit of a tough setup due to the age variances, mobility issues, and general strangeness of the event. It's basically for a wedding reception for about 35 people, so quite laid back and we're just looking to have something a touch more structured after the food and speeches, and before we just drink and play board games after the kids go to bed.

Any ideas would be awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Sequence or Sequence for Kids might fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Codenames!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Stainer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great suggestions so far thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Ferguson
msg tools
Coconuts could work. You could make it like a relay or tag team. A happy salmon tourney could be fun as well. It's a simple game but great for a setting like that. Rhino Hero could work too. Especially the giant version. Also take a look at Fuse. It's a fun COOP with a ten min timer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.