Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beeman
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got this game and excited to dive in. I was wondering if there is a campaign style variant incorporating more grand strategy that gets played out in individual games. I saw theres something like that for memoire 44. Are those rules similar enough to adapt?

What I'm looking for would be like some basic resource management, troop movement logistics and strategy set over a broad front that would carry from game to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something official will emerge eventually.

In the mean time you could use the Mk1 Mod0 Overlord Rules from M'44.
First Edition of the Overlord rules
https://cdn0.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/img/mm_overlord_en...

Other Languages
https://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/base/rules/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beeman
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is more like the "epic variants" I've seen floating around, basically a single large game. I am thinking something more like a map of northern France or a particular region or city where the players could make grand strategy decisions at the divisional or army level (allocating troops and resources to different regions etc) then decide when and where to "push" which would play out as a single game after which the overall map and resources can adjust based on outcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies... I have large board format on the brain...

No campaigns as of yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beeman
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No worries I appreciate the response, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. Are the rules for M44 similar enough to use material meant for that game? I think I have found some campaign styles for that. Or any C&C game for that matter? This is my first experience with one.

edit remove a random "("

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One could very easily create a campaign using the available scenarios.

I'd look to Memoir '44, Battle Cry and C&C Ancients for campaign ideas (official and fan made).

check the files section of each title... you can also look at http://www.commandsandcolors.net/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some scenarios chain together, i.e. the following one picks up the situation later that day. I don't have the game in front of me now, but there are a few of these in the base game, and also in the Tank expansion - for instance scenarios #37-39.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beeman
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, I noticed that and obviously given the nature of the game it flows along with the actual history. I'm just addicted to legacy games and thought it would lend itself to campaign mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.