Shadows over Normandie» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to use Heroes of Normandie and Shadows over Normandie together rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enoch Tobin
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
How do you use these two together? There does seem to be any resources regarding combing these even though SoN is supposed to be a stand alone "EXPANSION". Most games that have expansions that are stand alone tell you how to incorporate them into each other. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante Faustus wrote:
How do you use these two together? There does seem to be any resources regarding combing these even though SoN is supposed to be a stand alone "EXPANSION". Most games that have expansions that are stand alone tell you how to incorporate them into each other. Thanks.

As missions/scenarios are point based and the rule sets are the same then it should be just a straight swap.

I am not sure I would combine the monsters/magic abilities with Hon but the Allied and some Axis soldiers should be ok.

I suspect there will be some scenarios / campaigns using all components published on there website and in the Gazette.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante Faustus wrote:

Although originally envisioned as a Cthulhu expansion for HoN, as development continued DPG decided to expand the content and turn SoN into its own stand-alone game. That is why it is listed as a "Core Game" on DPG's website.

They are compatible, because the base mechanics are the same, so you can use various elements from HoN in a SoN game (or vice versa), and certainly the terrain and such are easily swappable. The card deck mechanics are a bit different, so if you are using any of the mythos elements I would recommend using an SoN card deck (and rules related to the deck) rather than the HoN version. It has some cards related to Madness and spells that would be more useful when Mythos is included.

The play styles are a bit different. HoN has more of a straight combat (wargame) focus, while SoN takes characters even further and shifts the play more toward an Action/Adventure style game. DPG has said they hope to shift it even further in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.