Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned in a previous thread, I will be running workouts on Thursday and Friday mornings at 7am at BGG.con! These workouts all incorporate games or other geekery.

All fitness levels welcome--if you can't do a movement, we'll find a substitution for you. There are also no player limits or sign-ups, just show up!

Workouts should take about an hour including warmup and cool down.

Please note these are unofficial events--you won't find them on the schedule.

Thursday, 7am, Dexterity Games (near the back)
Molkky Burpee

Expected movements: burpees, jumping jacks, air squats, push ups, and more.

The basics: When you score points on your turn, everybody else must do that many of the selected movement while you reset the pins.

Friday, 7am, Dexterity Games (Crokinole boards)
Lunging Crokinole

Expected movements: lunges, burpees.

The basics: You an your opponent stand about 20 feet away from the Crokinole board. On your turn, you must do walking lunges to the board, take your shot, and lunge back. During this time, your opponent is doing as many burpees as they can. When you get back, you start doing burpees while your opponent lunges, shoots, and lunges some more. At the end of the round, points are divided by 5 and the losing player has that total subtracted from their burpee total. First player to 100 burpees wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was staying at the hotel I would certainly be joining you. Have been doing ORange Theory Fitness since April and have lost weight and become fit. I am a little worried about a week away from working out. I'm staying with friends too far away to get there by 7. Hope its successful and will be at future cons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gohrns wrote:
If I was staying at the hotel I would certainly be joining you. Have been doing ORange Theory Fitness since April and have lost weight and become fit. I am a little worried about a week away from working out. I'm staying with friends too far away to get there by 7. Hope its successful and will be at future cons.

This is a great site for working out on the road. They're really short, so I recommend doing 2-3 a day.

http://www.thetravelingwod.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.