Hide
9 Posts

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Wow! Funny! It costs only £30 to ship to......China?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jazz Wu
msg tools
So, £30 for shipping to China, it's confirmed by backerkit support.
What really bothers me is not that they estimate the shipping cost to be £7 and now £30, but why shipping to China is more expensive than EU or USA? soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Larkus
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems nobody is happ with the shipping costs. Steamforged either calculated really badly, or they are trying to squeeze some more money out of their backers. The backers who gave quite generously already...

I seriously doubt shipping is required to be that high. They said they were working with Ludo Fact, which have factories that are involed in completing the game in China, Germany and the USA. Not sure how many different pieces of game material they have to ship around between these places, but there must be some kind of optimized logistics possible to complete enough games at these locations in order to reduce at least chinese, german and USA shipping fees.
I've never done that kind of work, producing and publishing a board game, so I cannot say for certain, but it'd just make sense to me in managing it that way somehow.

However, I remember reading that even UK based backers are frowning upon some hefty fee appearing inside the backerkit.
Also, their 15£ voucher for future purchases is nothing but a bad joke. Future purchases? I think I'll pass. If they can give 15£ off they should substract them from the final costs immediately. Just my opinion.

I'm aware with things of this scale nothing is certain. Yet, there must have been other ways to reduce costs for the backers and I simply fear Steamforged just didn't see the need when most people already had paid up front. Just had to excuse themselves, throw in some stupid coupon and get on with the money making.

I learned a lot through this Kickstarter. If there is a pledge manager coming up just pay one dollar, pound, euro or whatever and increase accordingly or abandon the project with minimal costs, should the need arise.

My two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quiarcus
China
Beijing
北京
flag msg tools
mb
Jazzman1985 wrote:
So, £30 for shipping to China, it's confirmed by backerkit support.
What really bothers me is not that they estimate the shipping cost to be £7 and now £30, but why shipping to China is more expensive than EU or USA? soblue

I'm with you on this. I only did a £1 pledge with the intent to upgrade in the pledge manager, but that shipping is really putting me off (amongst other things). Not sure if i'll bother with this one at the moment, just feels like they're trying to recoup a loss somewhere.

And that £15 off voucher is pretty useless outside of Europe/US. So...yay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
badge
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
mbmbmbmbmb
Glarkus wrote:
Seems nobody is happ with the shipping costs. Steamforged either calculated really badly, or they are trying to squeeze some more money out of their backers. The backers who gave quite generously already...

I seriously doubt shipping is required to be that high. They said they were working with Ludo Fact, which have factories that are involed in completing the game in China, Germany and the USA. Not sure how many different pieces of game material they have to ship around between these places, but there must be some kind of optimized logistics possible to complete enough games at these locations in order to reduce at least chinese, german and USA shipping fees.
I've never done that kind of work, producing and publishing a board game, so I cannot say for certain, but it'd just make sense to me in managing it that way somehow.

However, I remember reading that even UK based backers are frowning upon some hefty fee appearing inside the backerkit.
Also, their 15£ voucher for future purchases is nothing but a bad joke. Future purchases? I think I'll pass. If they can give 15£ off they should substract them from the final costs immediately. Just my opinion.

I'm aware with things of this scale nothing is certain. Yet, there must have been other ways to reduce costs for the backers and I simply fear Steamforged just didn't see the need when most people already had paid up front. Just had to excuse themselves, throw in some stupid coupon and get on with the money making.

I learned a lot through this Kickstarter. If there is a pledge manager coming up just pay one dollar, pound, euro or whatever and increase accordingly or abandon the project with minimal costs, should the need arise.

My two cents.

Yeah I agree with your 15 off the total now. You are not really getting 15 off your next order as you actually need to buy something extra so you are spending more that you initially wanted.

Yeah, I dont like this, pay shipping later, as you are trapped. You cant get out of your pledge so you must pay the shipping or you are losing your pledge.

Disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
It's not that surprising, considering I paid $34 to ship Sentinels of the Multiverse to France.

The bad blow mostly came from the second shipment, which was not expected during the campaign.
I'm still pretty happy that they decided to do a second shipment, as it means they won't rush the expansions. Pretty good decision overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jazz Wu
msg tools
Glarkus wrote:

My two cents.

Yeah, the most disappointing thing after all is that kickstarters are encouraging people to just pledge $1 at first so that they can avoid most risks afterwards. Those who pledged full money during the kickstarter are kind of kidnapped. When things like this happens, they will have to either pay the ridiculous shipping cost or pay the handling fee for refund which both are not the best option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping costs have been the final blow for me. As things are, I will stay with my $1 pledge. I personally don't find this game as "special" as it should be -even to go for the core game pledge-, let alone paying 35 pounds for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazzman1985 wrote:
Glarkus wrote:

My two cents.

Yeah, the most disappointing thing after all is that kickstarters are encouraging people to just pledge $1 at first so that they can avoid most risks afterwards. Those who pledged full money during the kickstarter are kind of kidnapped. When things like this happens, they will have to either pay the ridiculous shipping cost or pay the handling fee for refund which both are not the best option.

This is the first project in which I stayed with just $1. Too many ¿?¿?¿?¿ to commit more money, yet I had some slight hopes that the final deal would still be good. Unfortunately it hasn't lived up to my expectations, shipping costs being the nail in the coffin. If this sort of could-be-good projects become a trend (i hope not!), then they will give us no option other than bailing out or commiting $1, nothing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All this and they still haven't shown us a "Game"! I'm also glad I went in at $1. I totally agree about the 15 pound offer... It just means they're encouraging you to buy even more stuff from them.

If this game were amazing then it could justify the price but even in the base pledge... a whole expansion of just armours? What a waste of production money. They could have just printed a small deck of cards and saved on shipping. lol

Anyway, unless their full game playthrough blows me out of the water, they got my $1 and that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.