Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i've got the original 1st edition and thought i'd break the new solitaire rules, had a few quick questions.
1. do drawn off course discovery markers get removed from the game or returned back to the chit pool?
2. i assume the 'opponent' in solitaire game does not take a 1st turn? they start with the turn order phase with the chit pullon turn2?
3. who should go 1st in the turn order step, player or 'opponent'?
thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
A few quick answers for you:

cmdr layman wrote:
1. do drawn off course discovery markers get removed from the game or returned back to the chit pool?

Nothing is ever returned to the chit pool! Ever! Any chit pool! surprise Specifically, in the 1st Edition Rules, sixth paragraph under Discovery: "Remove the Off Course Marker from the game immediately after the new hex is chosen."

cmdr layman wrote:
2. i assume the 'opponent' in solitaire game does not take a 1st turn? they start with the turn order phase with the chit pullon turn2?

Correct, the "opponent" does not get cranked up until your second turn. Under Turn Order Step it says: "Beginning with the second turn..."

cmdr layman wrote:
3. who should go 1st in the turn order step, player or 'opponent'?

I'm a little confused by this question. There is nothing for the player to "do" in the Turn Order Step of the Solitaire game, since there is only one player. All of the actions are by the "opponent", since you draw a chit and first apply the Expand side of the chit and then carry out the Action side of the chit. This is described under Turn Order Step in the Solitaire rules.

Hope this helps,

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin for quick reply. My last question was abit brainless. Long day at work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.