Subject: Is there talk of another expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've read somewhere that there might be a 3rd expansion in the works. I've just ordered this game with Inc but no 5*. Mostly because the star aspect of the game doesn't intrigue me.

That said, there were ideas of adding occupations or something like that. I can't remember where but they said that they had ideas of occupations like Agricola but didn't workout yet they have other ideas for future expansions.

Game looks incredible! Can't believe I haven't played this or heard about it. As a 'newer' board-gamer, I'm trying to get a variety of games. I have mostly co-ops at the moment. Looking into tile laying and worker placement games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What I like most about it is that, in solo play, it runs like an interesting puzzle. And, of course, you can just do fun stuff with it to see what happens.

Like you, I went with the base game and 'Inc'...'5 Star' just seems like it adds too much setup time for too little gain. I've half looked at some of the single-sheet expansions. For example. However, they all seem to be pretty reliant on having '5 Star', and introduce their own setup headaches, so...I've been a bit 'meh' on them.

Certainly would be keen on another expansion to add some variety to the game, but something a lot less like '5 Star' and ideally something that would fit in with the base game a bit more seamlessly. (The 'Inc' expansion being basically ideal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has a problem with expansions misbalancing the decks. I hope they find a solution for it instead of adding more layers of mechanisms on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend you check out "Castles of the Mad King Ludwig" as well. It's by the same author and we enjoy it just as much as Suburbia, often playing one after the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Marco,

I only own the base game. I've played with Inc. and 5* expansion once. Frankly, I'm fine with just having/playing the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.