badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Practicing against the computers, I'm in 3D on the following:

Dummy S:Q8xx H:x D:KT8xxx C:xx

Heart King Led

Me S:ATx H:AQxx D:Jx C:AKxx

Friendly lead. Robots are like that.

I win the heart ace and play the Diamond Jack, finessing when LHO plays the nine. RHO wins the Ace and leads the Spade King. Silly robots. OK, I win the ace and then play the diamond-Queen-King-Small. I pull the last trump with the Ten.

The robots are bad, but they have reasons for their play. I cross to the club, play the queen of hearts, ruff a heart. West shows out. Now I cash the spade queen. RHO follows, but I think he led from Kx. I run the diamonds pitching dummies spades. Here's the position when the last trump is led:

Dummy S:8 D:x C:x

S:9 C:Qx H:9 C:Jx

Hand H:8 C:Kx

Note that both robots deceptively pitched the jacks and kept the equal nines. They aren't good, but they do know when cards are equal value. When I lead the last diamond, RHO has to keep the heart nine, so pitches a club. I pitch the heart 8 and west must keep the spade nine, so pitches a club.

I lead a club to the king, dropping both the queen and jack, and my last club is good.

A textbook automatic Double Squeeze.

Sometimes practice pays off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.