Popular Tags: [View All]
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we all know the hubris is likely to wane and he'll get down to being all business like. Let's face it, if he actually tries to follow though on much of what he says, you lot will be busted arse in no time. People have been calling him a lunatic fool. But I actually think he was a clever cynical man, who put on a show, appealing to a poorly educated sector of your community, for the few extra percentage points he needed to get in. I suspect he didn't really believe about 70% of what he said..

But here's the thing that is scaring the rest of us (as in, The World). A vast majority of the population of the USA voted for a man who spoke as though anyone who was not in his popular group was simply here for the kicking.. Even 1930s Adolf Hitler seemed moderate with respect to minorities compared to some of the stuff issuing from the Trump camp.. A vote for Mr Trump was defiantly a vote to keep large parts of the US populace subservient to the influential.

People of the USA, The World is scared of you and your christian fundamentalist plutocracy. And with all it's weaponry..

We see you as a real threat to world liberty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Where they make a desert, they call it peace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Speak for yourself.
I reckon Australia needs to get it's own house in order - ie stop locking refugees up in concentration camps, stop demonising muslims, have a goverment that shows some leadership around marriage equality, and stop meddling with Racial Discrimination laws before we try and lecture the world about standards of decency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
I think we all know the hubris is likely to wane and he'll get down to being all business like. Let's face it, if he actually tries to follow though on much of what he says, you lot will be busted arse in no time. People have been calling him a lunatic fool. But I actually think he was a clever cynical man, who put on a show, appealing to a poorly educated sector of your community, for the few extra percentage points he needed to get in. I suspect he didn't really believe about 70% of what he said..

But here's the thing that is scaring the rest of us (as in, The World). A vast majority of the population of the USA voted for a man who spoke as though anyone who was not in his popular group was simply here for the kicking.. Even 1930s Adolf Hitler seemed moderate with respect to minorities compared to some of the stuff issuing from the Trump camp.. A vote for Mr Trump was defiantly a vote to keep large parts of the US populace subservient to the influential.

People of the USA, The World is scared of you and your christian fundamentalist plutocracy. And with all it's weaponry..

As long as you continue to believe and spout such nonsense, you will continue to neither understand nor be of any value to the future.

But hey, good luck.....

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
People of the USA, The World is scared of you and your christian fundamentalist plutocracy.
Our Dominionism? Are you a Shreve wannabe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:

People of the USA, The World is scared of you and your christian fundamentalist plutocracy.

Well, lucky for you starting in January we will no longer have a Christian President.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
antiussentiment wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
"Dominionist" 'microbadge' "proffer" there: Badge Link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
petegs wrote:
Speak for yourself.
I reckon Australia needs to get it's own house in order - ie stop locking refugees up in concentration camps, stop demonising muslims, have a goverment that shows some leadership around marriage equality, and stop meddling with Racial Discrimination laws before we try and lecture the world about standards of decency.

Yep, I could not agree more.

Though we do not have the military/financial power to go enforcing our beliefs all over "the every where else".. Like the USA does and does..

Though like I said, I don't expect Mr Trump to do much more of that than is already being done.. Being he's a financial conservative, I wonder if he'll contract current operations in an effort to save a few billion dollars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
The expert has spoken.

Could he please expose his ass in another room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:

Well, I'm glad "The World" has you to speak on its behalf. But did you check with "The World" to make sure you were all in agreement?

Yeah.. Big of me I know..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:

You have an odd definition of that term, since Clinton won the popular vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:

If you all know what a Kardashian is or "real house wives of..." Then you're really screwed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
antiussentiment wrote:
A vast majority of the population of the USA voted for a man who spoke as though anyone who was not in his popular group was simply here for the kicking.

It's actually a minority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:
A vast majority of the population of the USA voted for a man who spoke as though anyone who was not in his popular group was simply here for the kicking.

That depends on whether you consider voters from each state to represent people who didn't vote in their state proportionally, or if you consider the U.S. to be California.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:

That depends on whether you consider voters from each state to represent people who didn't vote in their state proportionally, or if you consider the U.S. to be California.

I consider the population of the USA, as written.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:

That's really simple and not very useful, but it's technically correct, the best kind of correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Joe Cool wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:

That's really simple and not very useful, but it's technically correct, the best kind of correct!

Not saying it's useful, just correcting the claim that, based on election results, that a vast majority voted Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:

Well, lucky for you starting in January we will no longer have a Christian President.

oh I dunno he may not want to turn his back on that Pence if there is nobody else in the room. He looks shifty ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:
.... A vast majority of the population of the USA voted for a man who spoke as though anyone who was not in his popular group was simply here for the kicking.. ....

Yeah, but most of the wold does not understand how one US candidate can win presidency while the other is more popular.

Trump won, so most of the world will assume his views are a reflection of main stream US attitudes..

You can't just assume we all know how the USA's electoral system works..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
pdoherty wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:
.... A vast majority of the population of the USA voted for a man who spoke as though anyone who was not in his popular group was simply here for the kicking.. ....

Yeah, but most of the wold does not understand how one US candidate can win presidency while the other is more popular.

Trump won, so most of the world will assume his views are a reflection of main stream US attitudes..

If you won't bother to learn how the USA's electoral system works, then why bother to follow or concern yourself with it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:

I'm a bloke who's off to google your colloquial terms..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
Yeah, but most of the wold does not understand how one US candidate can win presidency while the other is more popular.…

Well, you see, the founders of the US were afraid of something. One theory has them afraid of the vulgar masses, and the other has them afraid of the abolition of slavery. Whichever it was, they came up with the electoral college because of it.

Without question, the history is sordid but I actually think without it US politicians would only worry about NYC, metro LA and possibly Chicago. On disputed issues in those areas, they might deign to deal with a handful of the other larger metropolitan areas. Rural areas really only matter in US politics because of things like districts in voting and the electoral college.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:

If you won't bother to learn how the USA's electoral system works, then why bother to follow or concern yourself with it?

Actually, the we I was referring to was most people in the world..

But why should I have an opinion? Because who ever is running your bun fight has a pretty significant effect on what happens in my country (and plenty others I suspect).. Currently we are spending barrow loads of Australian pesos on a bunch US airborne hardware that, as far as I can tell, only vaguely works. If they did work, they would be a great conventional military asset. However Australia has zero conventional military threats at the moment. So why spent all those clams?

We have to spend them because we are expected to pitch in and help Uncle Sam when he decides to go off invading someone or chasing smoking guns...

It's not even like our assets will make much of a difference to the trillion dollar might you peeps have. We, and a few others, just have to be there so you don't look all alone.. But we've still had spend all this money, to US defense contractors, so we can look sportive.

This money would be much better spent dealing with the unconventional military threats to our country.. Or maybe just looking after Australians with schools, hospitals and the odd road..

That's one example.... There are plenty of others..

Now put your self in my situation and tell me this would not piss you off too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
I think we all know the hubris is likely to wane and he'll get down to being all business like. Let's face it, if he actually tries to follow though on much of what he says, you lot will be busted arse in no time. People have been calling him a lunatic fool. But I actually think he was a clever cynical man, who put on a show, appealing to a poorly educated sector of your community, for the few extra percentage points he needed to get in. I suspect he didn't really believe about 70% of what he said...

Aside from the gratuitous characterization as "poorly educated", that can probably be said about most politicians with some truth to it.

antiussentiment wrote:
But here's the thing that is scaring the rest of us (as in, The World).

When and how exactly were you appointed spokesperson for "The World"?

antiussentiment wrote:
A vast majority of the population of the USA voted for a man who spoke as though anyone who was not in his popular group was simply here for the kicking..

Perhaps the term "vast majority" has a different meaning in your part of the world? Trump got fewer than 60 million votes (actually a couple hundred thousand fewer than Clinton) in a country with a total population of about 325 million.

antiussentiment wrote:
Even 1930s Adolf Hitler seemed moderate with respect to minorities compared to some of the stuff issuing from the Trump camp..

So if history doesn't support your views you just make it up? Or are you actually this shockingly ignorant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:

Anyone familiar with a parliamentary democracy should have not a problem understanding how one side or another can win without a clear majority. In Canada in the last two Federal elections the party that won achieved a majority government with less than 40% of the popular vote. While the Electoral College system in the US is a bit involved, simply put it changes the weights of votes from different regions. So winning a bunch of sparsely populated states by a little bit can be worth more than winning a single large state by a lot. That way you can end up with more Electoral College votes while still getting a smaller percentage of the total votes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:

Actually, the we I was referring to was most people in the world..

And the "you" I was referring to was most of the people in the world, too.

Quote:
But why should I have an opinion? Because who ever is running your bun fight has a pretty significant effect on what happens in my country (and plenty others I suspect)..

I'm not saying you shouldn't concern yourself with who is running our country; only that if you're going to express your opinion about our electoral system, you really should inform yourself about it first.

Quote:
Currently we are spending barrow loads of Australian pesos on a bunch US airborne hardware that, as far as I can tell, only vaguely works. If they did work, they would be a great conventional military asset. However Australia has zero conventional military threats at the moment. So why spent all those clams?

We have to spend them because we are expected to pitch in and help Uncle Sam when he decides to go off invading someone or chasing smoking guns...

It's not even like our assets will make much of a difference to the trillion dollar might you peeps have. We, and a few others, just have to be there so you don't look all alone.. But we've still had spend all this money, to US defense contractors, so we can look sportive.

This money would be much better spent dealing with the unconventional military threats to our country.. Or maybe just looking after Australians with schools, hospitals and the odd road..

I agree with you that your money would probably be better spent somewhere else. I will say that your financial contribution to our mutual defense does buy your nation a spot under the US Defense Umbrella. By all means, elect some politicians there who will close the Aussie peso spigot to the US and hope that China doesn't get land grabby. My guess is that the US would still come to your aid.

Quote:
That's one example.... There are plenty of others..

Now put your self in my situation and tell me this would not piss you off too?

I'm not in your shoes and it's honestly difficult to imagine since I haven't been to your fine nation and don't have an opinion on how you should spend your money. I think it's perfectly fine that you are pissed off. I can say that it does not piss me off that some part of each of my tax dollars goes to Defense, Foreign Aid, and other international matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.