Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Gods you'd like to see.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's weird but i'd REALLY like to get Aphrodite as a playable goddess. XD
i know she's not aggressive at all but maybe this is why i'm interested in seeing her here, also i'd love to see how they'd design her.

you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I believe she will be making an appearance, possible as an add-on.

I'd like to see Eris with an ability that forces enemy units sharing a zone to attack each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Youll see this discussion already happening about 5-6 threads from the top:

If you could see one figure from Greek mythology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aphrodite will come for sure. She is Leo's Benoit's prefered goddess as well in the game (he mentioned it in some video).

There has been artwork for her shown around at some point. And her abilities have been explained also.

So, yeah, she is coming for sure.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
The video interview with Benoit explains the mechanics for Aphrodite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gods I'd like to see .. it's dependent on how they look.

I was mostly looking forward to Artemis - but she's by far the most awful sculpt thus far. Extremely disapointing.
cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redben wrote:
The video interview with Benoit explains the mechanics for Aphrodite.

Right, Benoit. Maybe I mixed the two up there. I think he mentioned that Aphrodite was his favorite goddess to play.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SissyBell wrote:
also i'd love to see how they'd design her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis twin sister.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man i hate Paolo Parente work, and not because it's sexualized (i love them boobs ) . But it's all just so samey and boring, don't know how he's so famous....

Edit: I would like to see Charon (not really a god), Nemesis , Dyonisius ( an apocalyptic end of the world Dyonisius would be soo cool) , Kronos (Titan). Will think in some more later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I concur.

I would like to see Aphrodite as a playable god, only in the traditionally depicted fully nude style.

Not because I'm a perv or anything, I just want to sit back and enjoy the shitstorm that would no doubt happen because of it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Waspman wrote:
I concur.

I would like to see Aphrodite as a playable god, only in the traditionally depicted fully nude style.

Not because I'm a perv or anything, I just want to sit back and enjoy the shitstorm that would no doubt happen because of it...

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
SissyBell wrote:
I know it's weird but i'd REALLY like to get Aphrodite as a playable goddess. XD
i know she's not aggressive at all but maybe this is why i'm interested in seeing her here, also i'd love to see how they'd design her.

you?

Hi Siel.

Aphrodite is a very emblematic God in the Greek Pantheon. And I wanted to include as many emblematic characters as possible… So I probably included her (sorry I do not want to spoil you)… You are right to say that as a Goddess of love she is probably not the easiest God to adapt for a skirmish game… But love may be a very powerful weapon And I guess that if Aphrodite shows up, she will know to use this weapon properly

Check out the upcoming videos posted on the BGG page. Something may be said about Aphrodite pretty soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit VOGT heart heart heart modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping we see several more titans. That would be truly awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:

I hope at this point we will get as little extra Gods and titans as possible (well ofc, Hera and Aphrodite are announced and I am very much looking forward to those as we only have 2 female Gods thus far vs 8 male Gods/titans).

As you can only pick one God but several units it would be more handy to have more of latter. In a 4p game there's a max of 4 Gods/titans but if everybody wants to try out a monster-only or hero-only army you'd need a lot more of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Caibre wrote:

There might be a few more coming… I heard that Atlas is feeling lonely at the moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
I hope at this point we will get as little extra Gods and titans as possible (well ofc, Hera and Aphrodite are announced and I am very much looking forward to those as we only have 2 female Gods thus far vs 8 male Gods/titans).

As you can only pick one God but several units it would be more handy to have more of latter. In a 4p game there's a max of 4 Gods/titans but if everybody wants to try out a monster-only or hero-only army you'd need a lot more of those.

There really is no shortage of any troop type, even as it stands now.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Teowulff wrote:

There really is no shortage of any troop type, even as it stands now.

Bye
Thanee

Talking about the core box plus stretch goals: do we have 32 points worth of troops? We have 32 points worth of monsters? We have 32 points worth of heroes?
I must have missed something!! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
The Waspman wrote:
I concur.

That would be perfect!

Is anyone else old enough to notice that the SJWs of today are the religious conservatives of yesterday? Seriously, they might not have the same argument on why some cultural artifacts need to be changed, but they all have the same goal: cover up those boobs! Think of the children! (although, sadly, for SJWs the children are infantilized women)

All SJW trolling aside, the nude depiction of Aphrodite would be perfect for the game and the character.

Are the gods 50mm?

Benoit0905 wrote:
SissyBell wrote:

you?

Hi Siel.

Aphrodite is a very emblematic God in the Greek Pantheon. And I wanted to include as many emblematic characters as possible… So I probably included her (sorry I do not want to spoil you)… You are right to say that as a Goddess of love she is probably not the easiest God to adapt for a skirmish game… But love may be a very powerful weapon And I guess that if Aphrodite shows up, she will know to use this weapon properly

Check out the upcoming videos posted on the BGG page. Something may be said about Aphrodite pretty soon

No way! She's PERFECT for a skirmish game. Make her all about control and influence. Maybe she could have positive aura buffs for her team and some persuasion spells to manipulate the other team, like making them unable to attack certain targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
broken clock wrote:
The Waspman wrote:
I concur.

That would be perfect!

Is anyone else old enough to notice that the SJWs of today are the religious conservatives of yesterday? Seriously, they might not have the same argument on why some cultural artifacts need to be changed, but they all have the same goal: cover up those boobs! Think of the children! (although, sadly, for SJWs the children are infantilized women)

All SJW trolling aside, the nude depiction of Aphrodite would be perfect for the game and the character.

Are the gods 50mm?

Benoit0905 wrote:
SissyBell wrote:

you?

Hi Siel.

No way! She's PERFECT for a skirmish game. Make her all about control and influence. Maybe she could have positive aura buffs for her team and some persuasion spells to manipulate the other team, like making them unable to attack certain targets.

For me, SJWs are a sad bi-product of the internet, just like a whole bunch of internet subcultures that spring up, grow, fester and get in everyone's face about "issues". And its all in the name of "equality" or something.

So yeah, I blame the internet.

As for Aphrodite, in game, yeah, I agree, she could be all about manipulation, seduction, control effects and so fourth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.