Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Iron hide skill

1. On it's own with no equipped shield or armor you can roll a dice for each hit. A 5 or 6 is a save.

2. With an armor (plate, chain, leather, etc.) equipped and no shield you can add +1 to each save.

3. With a shield equipped and no armor equipped you can roll a 5 or 6 using the Iron Hide skill or you can use the shields armor rating alone. You can also use the shield to reroll the Iron Hide skill's 5 or 6 die roll. What you can't do is add +1 to the armor rating of the shield.

4. With both a shield and armor equipped you can use either the shield's armor rating or the equipped armor's rating. +1 is added to the role if using the equipped armor. You can also use the shield to reroll dice you roll using the equipped armor's rating.

Did I get this all correct? I'm basing this off the official answer provided by GG:

"(Q1) Shield has to be considered an armor ? Can I give the +1 iron
hide skill bonus to shield if I choose to use it as 4+ armor ?
(A1) The Iron Hide bonus works when the Survivor wears an Armor. A Shield allows Armor rolls, but is not an Armor on its own."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
So the basic question is...

According to GG a shield is not considered equipped armor so you can't add +1 to the die with a shield alone. That being said, is Iron Hide considered armor when is comes to using a shield's reroll (assuming you only have Iron Hide skill and no equipped armor)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have it all correct. I have a vague recollection of another ruling that accompanied the one you posted that may have dealt with this specific case. If I remember correctly, that other ruling was also very silly and confusing and is probably best left ignored too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.