Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump: The Game has a poor rating of 5.3 at BGG and sold over 800,000 copies but regarded as a failure in sales figure.

Wow! I am surprised that selling 800K copies is very poor in board game market back in 1989.

I wonder if that game will be reprinted after the president election.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You spend the whole game carefully building up your power and wealth and then The Donald turns up, kicks the table over and claims victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultracheng wrote:
[thing=1824]I wonder if that game will be reprinted after the president election.

I doubt it, but secondhand prices might go up.

A game featuring this election could be good though. I can see either a card based game with some really outrageous, and strategically important, choices or some kind of meeple game where you defend and attack key states. Maybe they can be combined to make something like Twilight Struggle?

Or why not a backstabbing game à la Diplomacy featuring the primaries? Endless possibilites, and expanions could feature the inevitable congressional battles and midterm crisis. Title choices are mouth watering: "Trump - the civil wars", "American Caesar", "Rebuilding the Nation" etc etc etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/episode-9-trump-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought The Prodigals Club was the Trump game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
I have a particular set of skills. They mostly involve polling.
mbmbmbmbmb
Duckman wrote:
Ultracheng wrote:
I wonder if that game will be reprinted after the president election.

I doubt it, but secondhand prices might go up.

A game featuring this election could be good though. I can see either a card based game with some really outrageous, and strategically important, choices or some kind of meeple game where you defend and attack key states. Maybe they can be combined to make something like Twilight Struggle?

Or why not a backstabbing game à la Diplomacy featuring the primaries? Endless possibilites, and expanions could feature the inevitable congressional battles and midterm crisis. Title choices are mouth watering: "Trump - the civil wars", "American Caesar", "Rebuilding the Nation" etc etc etc.

There already exists 1960: The Making of the President which is a good card driven political game. They could reskin it to match this election. Problem is that it's too soon. Partisans on both sides would take issue with every single card choice of any retheme. Speaking as a partisan, I probably wouldn't want to buy such a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
Partisans on both sides would take issue with every single card choice of any retheme. Speaking as a partisan, I probably wouldn't want to buy such a game.

Indeed, it's the basis of history: you need to wait quite some time to see consequences and links, not only out of context events and anecdotes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to convince a friend to let me burn his copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ultracheng wrote:
Trump: The Game has a poor rating of 5.3 at BGG and sold over 800,000 copies but regarded as a failure in sales figure.
That says nothing. Trump: The Presidential Candidate had a poor rating and was regarded as a failure, too. He even had less then 50% of the votes, yet he won the election. (At least Wladimir Putin is very happy now.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moved to the Religion Sex and Politics forum.

This forum is largely unmoderated. If you choose to actively avoid topics of religion, sex, and/or politics or do not want to read or participate in an unmoderated thread please Unsubscribe now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Brown
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
800,000 sales? What is the source for that? If it is reported by TRump Inc. I would take it with a mountain of salt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
They're going to HAVE their 'knock-off'/'rip-off' with: "Puss*GRAB*MON"!
/robot\~"NOT for 'tinier hands' NOR 'Blind Kids' wearing their 'Invisible Pedestrian' outfit whence upon 'Trick or Treats' occasion!"
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
I would definitely set it on fire if I owned a copy. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should of course have a trumping mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.