Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello guys,

What's going on? The Printable version offered in the kickstarter is nowere to be seen.

No one posted new immages about the game or an unboxing.

No one posted new reviews or sessions.

No one posted rules help.

Or this game sucked you so much that you turned like Kurtz in Apocalypse Now or the game never shipped or the game is vanished.

Also no new videos.

the horror...the horror...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Strait
United States
Federal way
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Walker posted a video today of a sample retail edition on Facebook. It looks great and he says it should be shipping beginning of December
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game hasn't been delivered yet.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryel C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
[imaged=3251660]
And here is a copy of the pnp that I'm playing right now. IMO the game sucketh not.
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3251660/darcone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
YES!

So you are alive!

Can't wait to see your reports and maybe we can play on VASSAL if a module will be avaible, thank you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Or this game sucked you so much that you turned like Kurtz in Apocalypse Now or the game never shipped or the game is vanished.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just say that your English is poor. Nothing I've published sucked. If it sucked no one would see it. Period. The PNP version of this game has been delivered to backers MONTHS ago, the Get it Now version has been delivered MONTHS ago, the product is finished and shipping to America. All this information is readily available in numerous locations. The fact that you know nothing doesn't mean the game is dead, but rather that you are just ignorant of where to track its progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark
I admit that I too have been ignorant as to where to track the progress of the game. I purchased it on your website and there is no indication as to where to find updates and the site has no updates. I have simply chose to email your company for updates and you all have been great in getting back to me with updates and I appreciate that. I just found out about the unboxing video in this thread and now I know another source of information is your Facebook page.

At the end of the unboxing video you mention shipping at the end of next week. Is that the time frame to ship from your manufacturer(overseas?) or to ship to customers?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walter Sobchak couldn't have said it any better, Mark. This is not Vietnam, Smoky. There are rules.

But you should be thanking him. His smart ass post reminded me to preorder the game, which I just did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mooney
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just say that your English is poor. Nothing I've published sucked. If it sucked no one would see it. Period. The PNP version of this game has been delivered to backers MONTHS ago, the Get it Now version has been delivered MONTHS ago, the product is finished and shipping to America. All this information is readily available in numerous locations. The fact that you know nothing doesn't mean the game is dead, but rather that you are just ignorant of where to track its progress.

I preordered the game in June + Solo Exp. and don't recall seeing an update either ... when is the game shipping? Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Joseph
Australia
flag msg tools
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:

Mr. Walker, the tone of your response was not exactly that of someone who is trying to win over customers. Perhaps this is why you have posted on Facebook that you are seeking a PR manager. You obviously need one, mate.

I believe what the OP (who obviously doesn't speak English as first language) intended to say is that if the PNP and early versions of this game have been out for "MONTHS" as you say, why aren't there posts about it. Why aren't there AARs? There's nothing from players to excite what you boorishly call a person who is "ignorant" of anything that is good about this game to buy it. At least on this site. This is a major site, and if you had an unboxing event on Facebook and "numerous locations" (whatever or wherever they are) it should have included this one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:

Sucked in the way the game absorbed you, in a very good way, and thank you for the free insult about my english and yes I'm sorry but I'm Italian and i self learned some of english and i have much to learn.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my words, the post was a friendly post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The Wonderman wrote:
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:

Mr. Walker, the tone of your response was not exactly that of someone who is trying to win over customers. Perhaps this is why you have posted on Facebook that you are seeking a PR manager. You obviously need one, mate.

I believe what the OP (who obviously doesn't speak English as first language) intended to say is that if the PNP and early versions of this game have been out for "MONTHS" as you say, why aren't there posts about it. Why aren't there AARs? There's nothing from players to excite what you boorishly call a person who is "ignorant" of anything that is good about this game to buy it. At least on this site. This is a major site, and if you had an unboxing event on Facebook and "numerous locations" (whatever or wherever they are) it should have included this one too.

Thank you, you are the only one that truly understood my message.

About the tone, i admit that it was rude, and the other one called my post smart ass???

Sadly when you speak another language is easy to say wrong words, wich i apologyse for that.

PS: Smart ass is an insult? Because the translation...Strange language they have in USA...interesting country...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was just making fun of the exchange.

"Smart ass" is just an American idiom. To be "smart" can mean to be sarcastic or insolent in addition to meaning "intelligent". "Ass" is just an all purpose extraneous adverb. Don't take what I wrote seriously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
theduke34 wrote:
Yeah, I was just making fun of the exchange.

"Smart ass" is just an American idiom. To be "smart" can mean to be sarcastic or insolent in addition to meaning "intelligent". "Ass" is just an all purpose extraneous adverb. Don't take what I wrote seriously.

Ahah ok! Immagine my face when i translated it...laugh

BTW don't worry, I'm not offended!

PS: Thank you for the little lesson.

Hugs, smart one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
The fact that you know nothing doesn't mean the game is dead, but rather that you are just ignorant of where to track its progress.

Ehm...I'm sorry MR.Walker, but if you ever read my post of two months ago i asked when you would have made avaible the PNP version on your website.

One guy answered me, not you but a random one, that the PNP version was soon to be avaible.

Two months and no news on your website. Not even now.

Souldn't your main website be the home to post your news about this game?

I know how to write in HTML, if you want i can keep the site updated.

Regards.

PS: Nice relations policy, i like to be treated like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In any language, idiom and jokes are the hardest thing to translate and understand. Add to that the inherent difficulty of learning all the odd weirdness of English and it becomes all the more difficult. Keep at it though, people are usually willing to help someone with the language.

Of course then there is the fact that internet message boards are one of the worst ways to communicate between strangers. A chat that would be a simple and light matter between two strangers on a street corner can turn into an ugly flame war all to easily.

Add both together; difficulty with language + internet message board and you have a recipe for possible disaster.

My advice: ensure that people know from the start that English is not your main language, and use lots of emoticons to help convey feeling - angry cool etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rydo wrote:
Quote:
The fact that you know nothing doesn't mean the game is dead, but rather that you are just ignorant of where to track its progress.

Ehm...I'm sorry MR.Walker, but if you ever read my post of two months ago i asked when you would have made avaible the PNP version on your website.

One guy answered me, not you but a random one, that the PNP version was soon to be avaible.

Regards.

I think many of us understood your post. I assumed you were being humourous in your choice of wording. Like I mentioned in my post, it was not at all obvious where to find info. I purchased on the website in early summer and at the time, it said the game would be released later that same month. There was never any information volunteered to me that the game had been delayed nor was there any information regarding the new estimated date on the website. So... it was far from clear. However, they have been great about responding to my emails. It's just surprising that they would not have communicated this info by email to all those who preordered the game or in the website. I think a casual gamer would have assumed the product was not go into be delivered and requested a refund or made PayPal claim, lol.

In the end, I'm excited about getting the main game and the solitaire expansion. The game looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ichirou wrote:
In any language, idiom and jokes are the hardest thing to translate and understand. Add to that the inherent difficulty of learning all the odd weirdness of English and it becomes all the more difficult. Keep at it though, people are usually willing to help someone with the language.

Of course then there is the fact that internet message boards are one of the worst ways to communicate between strangers. A chat that would be a simple and light matter between two strangers on a street corner can turn into an ugly flame war all to easily.

Add both together; difficulty with language + internet message board and you have a recipe for possible disaster.

My advice: ensure that people know from the start that English is not your main language, and use lots of emoticons to help convey feeling - angry cool etc.

I've put the Italian flag near my name, if you press on my name it will tell where i am.

I usually don't put a lot of emoticons and this could have helped in this situation.

No excuses, i'm sorry, this is not the way to treat a customer, but what hurted me more is the fact that it wasn't a random one insulting me...but the creator of the project that i wanted to support.

After all of this, i am not the one looking bad.

I decided to not support this publisher ever again, he lost me and probably he doesn't care about a lone italian wargamer in the land of pizza ( i was sarcastic about the "land of pizza", i love my country! ).

I've received Forgotten heroes vietnam today by the new Lock'n Load and i will play that beauty instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
chicagopsych wrote:
Rydo wrote:
Quote:

Regards.

I think many of us understood your post. I assumed you were being humourous in your choice of wording. Like I mentioned in my post, it was not at all obvious where to find info. I purchased on the website in early summer and at the time, it said the game would be released later that same month. There was never any information volunteered to me that the game had been delayed nor was there any information regarding the new estimated date on the website. So... it was far from clear. However, they have been great about responding to my emails. It's just surprising that they would not have communicated this info by email to all those who preordered the game or in the website. I think a casual gamer would have assumed the product was not go into be delivered and requested a refund or made PayPal claim, lol.

In the end, I'm excited about getting the main game and the solitaire expansion. The game looks great.

Thank you, glad you understood.

Hope you will enjoy the game, i decided to not support again this publisher.

I can withstand everything but not someone beign disrespectful towards me.

But again this are only words from no-one ( me ).

This will not affect sales, the game or everything...so its better to get over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is coming in late, one thing to keep in mind please is that Flying Pig Games didn't want to release specific dates yet until there is something solid to tell. Often companies have in the past mentioned a date and then unforseen setbacks can cause delay which can be upsetting. Please the FPG a little more time to post up some solid pics and videos soon. I have some pics of the PnP version I will be posting to FPG Facebook page when I can. Don't worry guys, it's on the way and you won't be disappointed.

Rydo Dejan, after you have a chance to see more of the game in action, please don't hesitate to give it a shot. I apologize if you've spoken harshly over a misunderstanding of words. FPG really stands behind it's games and we as gamers can sometimes speak a little too passionately. I'm sure if you pick up one their games, you'll develop some passion for them as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Strait
United States
Federal way
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unboxing the retail version video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RG-ULjJH0Ls&feature=youtu.be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.