$20.00
Day Life
msg tools
So I have the original edition plus all the expansions... plus all the Print and Play things.

I read ages ago that you can integrate some of the components form the expansions but not the PoDs and the original base set into the new edition. Also I heard that the "ingratiated components" form the old set are in fact the same things you get in the next 3 expansions for 2nd edition.

Q: So I have 2nd Edition.. what do i transfer from my 1st edition box + expansions to the new box?
Q: After I transfer the components I have all the content of "The Suppressed Memories Figure and Tile Collection" and "The Recurring Nightmares Figure and Tile Collection", right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the minis and tiles, then yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
VaeVictis666 wrote:
All the minis and tiles, then yes.

So I move ALL the minis and ALL the tiles and nothing else into the new set and put all the rest in the storage box?

Nothing else gets used?

Also, if I have the original expansions... I do not need to buy the tile and monster sets that are available at the moment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
So I move ALL the minis and ALL the tiles and nothing else into the new set and put all the rest in the storage box?

Correct

DayinDaLife wrote:
Nothing else gets used?

Correct

DayinDaLife wrote:
Also, if I have the original expansions... I do not need to buy the tile and monster sets that are available at the moment?

Also correct. Ensure that you have checked all the matching 1st Ed. material on the app.

Moving forward your are into pure 2nd Ed. supplements

Wormwood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that you still have an entire, playable first edition experience as well.

You know, in case you wanted to have someone play the Keeper in their own scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
what do you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
what do you mean?

Did you just find this in a bin or something?

The original game has a dungeon keeper (one versus all) and so the scenarios are different to that of the second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirv
msg tools
Included in the 2nd edition is a group of investigator cards and monster tokens called the 'Conversion Kit'. (I think that's it, I don't have it on hand at the moment.)

The conversion kit investigator cards will match up with the investigator figures that you have from first edition.

Also, the conversion kit monster tokens will match up with the monsters bases from 1st edition. You will have to pull out the 1st edition tokens from those monster bases and replace them with the 2nd edition tokens.

It appears that a lot of people had issues with inserting 2nd edition monster tokens into the 2nd ed monster bases. The tokens didn't slide easily into the base and needed to be forced in. But I think the 2nd edition monster tokens slide fine into 1st edition monster bases, if I remember correctly.

And like others were saying, the 1st edition tiles would be used in the 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are not planning to play 1st edition anymore I would suggest selling all the first edition stuff (especially the expansions) as you will most likely get a really good price for them at the moment and you can then use the money to buy the 2nd edition tile/figure expansions and have money to spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
So the "conversion kit" is included in the MoM-2ndED core set box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirv
msg tools
DayinDaLife wrote:
So the "conversion kit" is included in the MoM-2ndED core set box?

Yes it is included in the box. There is an instructional flyer that is included in addition to the investigator cards and the monster tokens I mentioned. It has more detail about what to bring over.

FFG has a PDF of this flyer online below:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/6b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.