GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,203 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Jerome Cance
France
flag msg tools
Hello, my name is Jerome and I'm a big fan of Tabletop games (we've just finished Pandemic Legacy S1 with my team, it was amazing).

I'm also a big fan of Kickstarter but I've found some problems with the site and the mobile app: it always suggests the same projects (we can't delete it by saying no I'm not interested), I often miss early bird and you can't browse projects of several categories (you need to switch in each category).

This is why I've created a new iOS app that try to solve these problems: projects are presented as card and you can swipe them (like tinder) to delete, favorite or temporary delete (it will comes back if project raises more money or if it is ending soon for example).

You can also choose several categories and can receive a notification when a new project appears in the categories you choose.

This app is totally free, without ads, and don't need your kickstarter credentials. In fact, it's just a fan app made by a fan so I hope you will not take this post as a simple ad for my app

I would love to have your feedback about it to improve it not only the way I think it should be. The app is only for iOS at the moment but I will create an android version in a near future.

Here is the link to the app store:

http://appstore.com/zeroboxforkickstarter

All feedback (positive or negative) is welcome!

Thank you very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to open the project directly in the KS app?

When I click a project it opens it up, but not in the app? There is an "open in app" button, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Cance
France
flag msg tools
Not at the moment but it can be done I think. Normally the open app button is on the official kickstarter so I suspect a bug. I will investigate and keep you informed.

But I fear that if it opens the kickstarter app it will be annoying to come back to zerobox. Why would you prefer to open the kickstarter app instead of having the web page ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Gromkans wrote:
Not at the moment but it can be done I think. Normally the open app button is on the official kickstarter so I suspect a bug. I will investigate and keep you informed.

But I fear that if it opens the kickstarter app it will be annoying to come back to zerobox. Why would you prefer to open the kickstarter app instead of having the web page ?

It uses the default browser, which in iOS is Safari. I don't prefer Safari.

I don't like the idea of entering my KS credentials because I'm not sure if your app can strip that data? I'm pretty ignorant on this though.

I'd prefer to use your app to notify me of things, and then use the KS app to manage my interactions with the project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Cance
France
flag msg tools
I totally understand your fears.

I don't know if it's possible (in fact I just open the default browser nothing more). Moreover I think apple will probably reject app that does such things.

But to remove this fear, I can add a button to open the link directly to safari or the default app.

Thanks for this feedback, I will add this in a future version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.