$10.29 Journey Through Time Eye Found It! Game
$11.99 Funny Bunny - Children's Game
$10.99 Pictopia-Family Trivia Game: Disney Edition
$10.19 Pictopia: Star Wars Edition Board Game
$11.99 Cat in the Hat I Can Do That! Game
$11.79 Buggaloop Board Game
$7.29 Curious George Matching Game
$6.05 Disney Junior Super Stretchy Game

Edit to add: Looks like there were a couple of late addition...

$12.59 Rivers, Roads And Rails
$12.19 Dreamworks Eye Found It!
$9.69 Frozen 6-in-1 Game Collection

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGameDoctor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! Just picked up San Juan. Seems some people feel it's not worth owning this game if you already have Puerto Rico. Other than some of the art, this game is very different than Puerto Rico... (different mechanics, quick play, good with 2-players, etc...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lesser Gatsby
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be more inclined to say it's not worth it if you own Race for the Galaxy. Although race is a much deeper, involved version, they feel the same to me.

riznet wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! Just picked up San Juan. Seems some people feel it's not worth owning this game if you already have Puerto Rico. Other than some of the art, this game is very different than Puerto Rico... (different mechanics, quick play, good with 2-players, etc...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the best price expected for castles of burgundy this holiday season?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Spencerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alextnorris wrote:

Probably, although it's possible it could be this price again and there could be a coupon code or something to combine with the sale. That's the only way I think it would get any lower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
Alextnorris wrote:

Probably, although it's possible it could be this price again and there could be a coupon code or something to combine with the sale. That's the only way I think it would get any lower.

It should be said that CoB is often on sale, that no one would miss out passing on it this one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Thoughts wrote:
Gamemanue wrote:
Alextnorris wrote:

It should be said that CoB is often on sale, that no one would miss out passing on it this one time.

other than the weeks you'd be missing out on a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. CoB is such a great game that anything $20 or under is a good price, once you start playing you wont even care that you could have saved a few extra bucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EliasDKehr wrote:
I'd be more inclined to say it's not worth it if you own Race for the Galaxy. Although race is a much deeper, involved version, they feel the same to me.

riznet wrote:

I would heartily agree with this. We don't like Puerto Rico all that much but we LOVE San Juan - feels way more like RftG as well (we still prefer San Juan to RftG as well). I guess I'm in the minority as enjoying the older/minimal art of San Juan for some reason!

Indigo at <$17 is a steal! We play it a lot more than Tsuro and many of our 'non-gamer' friends have requested a second play right after the first one is over!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: this is a historical price low for Broom Service, according to camelcamelcamel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. Got San Juan.

Considered Scotland Yard, but it seems that the game play is somewhat similar to Hunt for the Ring, which will come out next year. So I will wait for that instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poor. Very Poor.

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
gwintner wrote:
Note: this is a historical price low for Broom Service, according to camelcamelcamel.

Yep and Broom Service is such a great quality family game. I would fold again and again at this price if I hadn't already purchased it a couple of sales ago.

Played it with fam including 8 year old--it was easy to learn and fun to play around Halloween. The competitive tone was just right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbler wrote:
gwintner wrote:

Yep and Broom Service is such a great quality family game. I would fold again and again at this price if I hadn't already purchased it a couple of sales ago.

Played it with fam including 8 year old--it was easy to learn and fun to play around Halloween. The competitive tone was just right.

I'd get it, but I see conflicting thoughts on the 2p experience. Some love it, some hate it. Since that's how we play, it'd have to be great for me to pull the trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick up the airport games for my 4 year old son. He loves planes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dragon
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
I'd get it, but I see conflicting thoughts on the 2p experience. Some love it, some hate it. Since that's how we play, it'd have to be great for me to pull the trigger.

I have played Broom Service with 2, 3, and 4 players. I thought it was brilliant at all counts. At any player count lower than 5, you take action cards from an unused player and reveal a certain number each round. If you choose to take those actions that round, you do so at a cost of -3 Victory Points. I've read of people complaining about it, but I think it's awesome. Also, you don't only do that in a 2 player game. If you're playing 2p, there are 3 cards revealed that get penalized. If playing 3p, 2 cards. If playing with 4 p, 1 card. And if playing 5p, no cards revealed that way. It sort of balances for having less players to potentially block your actions.

Now, my wife hates Broom Service at any player counts because you could potentially have a turn where all your actions get blocked and you accomplish nothing. Actions are a bit of a gamble and require almost mind-reading of "will my opponent steal this action from me if I play this bravely?" Everything she dislikes about it (at 2,3, or 4 players), I love about it. Needless to say, I don't get to play this game much. In my opinion, if the game sounds like it will be fun to you, 2 player will be just fine. If the game sounds like a mix of mechanisms you won't like, don't play it regardless of player count. $20 is a steal for this great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Williams
United States
Dallas
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
dbler wrote:
gwintner wrote:

I've only played with 4 & 5 players, but I'd have to lean towards the "not great at 2-player" side. I don't think there would be enough interaction/competition with only two players. Plus, the whole, "No, I'M the <insert chosen card here>" mechanic kind of falls apart when it's only two players, in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Crescent City
Northern California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

I grabbed a copy of Broom Service.

Robbo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dragon
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samisgr8 wrote:
I've only played with 4 & 5 players, but I'd have to lean towards the "not great at 2-player" side. I don't think there would be enough interaction/competition with only two players. Plus, the whole, "No, I'M the <insert chosen card here>" mechanic kind of falls apart when it's only two players, in my opinion.

Could just be diff'rent strokes. I like the head-to-head aspect. Not to compare it to chess, but....kinda-ish like that, I suppose?

"I bet my wife has the weather fairy in hand, but she wants to move onto that mountain space first so she can get the better cloud tile. If I play the weather fairy now, before allowing for movement onto the mountain, I could prevent her from getting an optimal move." It's still plenty interactive at 2, especially because you don't want to get those -3 VP constantly. But it's worth doing on occasion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you guys think of Indigo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:

rugbydave said above

Quote:
Indigo at <$17 is a steal! We play it a lot more than Tsuro and many of our 'non-gamer' friends have requested a second play right after the first one is over!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:

Absolutely a great game - very easy to set up, very easy to teach and multiple paths (quite literally) to victory. It's a nice game to introduce to people who are not typical 'board gamers', even though it's not your traditional euro or modern american game. It's got a great balance of thought and some strategy, as you're not just building one path. If your plans are thwarted by someone else's placement, you have other options! It's not heavy enough to plan an entire night around, and we often play two rounds of it in a row. It's good sober, good with a few pints, good with kids and great with adults!

Similar to Tsuro, and we have both (actually all three, including "Tsuro of the Sea"), but we end up playing Indigo the most. It's a lot more wide open than Tsuro, though there are some similarities. I'm sticking with what I said earlier - it's definitely a steal at <$17!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks -- I grabbed one. I had tax though, so it came out to $18, which is still ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
Per Aspera ad Astra
badge
In Hoc Signo Vinces
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Got San Juan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:
It's quick, easy to teach, and very pretty. Unless you're gaming with kids, I don't think you could base a game night around it, but it's excellent for that 20-30 minutes while you wait for more people to show up. The response has been positive from everyone I've foisted it upon, with some even requesting to reset and go again. It works perfectly well with 2, but is more fun with at least 3 because that introduces an element of having to share points with your opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
dbler wrote:
gwintner wrote:

Played it 2p, wasn't impressed. IMO the dummy player system is a poor substitute for how a human player would play and takes away from the fun of bluffing and guessing what other players are going to do. To me this is at least a 4p game, but YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.